Wiki Posts
Search

Is it just me or is CP doing better?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 1999, 4:18 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Is it just me or is CP doing better?

Is it just my luck lately or is CP really doing better, which I hope is the latter as it looks like Oneworld is not going to save them. Think about if AC and CP merge, they will never afraid that we are going to change airlines. Yeah right with that "Operating as a separate airlines" thing.

As I am going on another YYZ-YVR-YYZ trip, yet problems with upgrades again. I booked the 1900 out of YYZ on Friday and returning Tuesday.

Before I made the reservation, i checked through itn to get a rough idea of what the J class loading is in each flight. Came up with couple choices. The friday flight had about 2 J seats left and returning had 14 shown on itn (which I know is probably less). I had to go on the 1900 flight because I had to be in YVR for Sat morning. So I used a Black sticker to get an upgrade for that flight since there was still 2 'business day' til flight time when I booked the flight which turned out to be a good move because J class was sold out the next day. However, when I ask the Plat desk regarding J class loading on the return flight, they said there are still more than 7 which is the most they can see. I asked how come there are no R class seats available since it's already past the 100 hrs. They said CP has "zero" it out. No clue there. So comes today, which I thought they would release some at 72 hours which they usually do, they didn't. I asked Plat desk how many J seats are left, they wouldn't tell me. I used itn to pretend I am booking seats and the max number they allow me is 6...so that means there are 6 left. Just want to ask some of the EP out there, have you ever been upgraded between the 100 hrs and the 72 hrs?? Also in regards to saying that the system will check R class regularly, what if seats are released at 72 hour mark, and GOLD might get them before the system's checking time. I think it's also true that if no R class are released at 72 hours, none will ever be released. I am batting 0 for 4 so far. I am not going to panic just yet until there are maybe 2 or 3 J revenue seats left.

BTW, any words on any major changes in terms of benefits next year?

Regards,
Empress
Old Dec 3, 1999, 5:32 pm
ALW

Well I've got a confirmed upgrade YOW-YVR on Sunday morning, first time that's happened since they cut back from 3 flights to 2 (60 BC seats to 36).

But there are only _2_ revenue seats open on the connecting YVR-LAX!

For what that's worth. I'm thinking of using a grey sticker instead of 2500pts, and instead of 3500pts if I get the second leg upgraded. Does anyone see why I shouldn't? I haven't used these before on CP (I have almost enough 500-pointers to get both ways, so I might use those on the way back, since I don't want to trust the agents at LAX to do it right!)

Thanks!
andrew
Old Dec 4, 1999, 1:49 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

One disturbing fact on my YYZ-YVR flight tonight was:

There was another EP sitting beside me and a concierge came on board and introduce herself as a concierge and asked whether there is any thing she could do and personally thank him for travelling CP. Why wasn't I?

Regards,
Empress
Old Dec 4, 1999, 7:24 am
ALW

Maybe he paid for Business Class? Maybe he was a famous person and the EP was coincidence?

Maybe they screwed him up royally on his previous flight and this was part of making it up to him?

andrew
Old Dec 6, 1999, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Actually Cathay Pacific does it to all elite OneWorld members...

I was in coach once and the Inflight Supervisor moseyed down to say a special hello to me and check that I was comfortable and if I needed any thing.... well, all that was done in Chinese so that the other passengers wouldn't suspect anything ! Hmmm.
Old Dec 7, 1999, 3:09 am
Original Member

CP 50 was 3\4 full in b-c and probably 2\3 in coach. YYZMXP on a Sun. eve.
Old Dec 7, 1999, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Maybe he was EP who, on his last flight, was sitting next to another EP, and was snubbed by the concierge on their last flight.

Relax, Empress. Take a deep breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.