Wiki Posts
Search

Days for points to post

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 1999, 1:59 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Days for points to post

I am wondering how long does it take for points to post? It's usually 3 days for my last 30 trips, but the YYZ-HNL trip I was just on, it's been 4 days (In case you are curious, there is something about the mess the CP agent created for me in another post). This is critical to me for getting EP. I will be EP by the time I complete my YVR-YYZ next Monday (Nov 22).

The YYZ-HNL-YYZ trip is just a disaster in terms of check in agent. First, YYZ check in agent screw up by telling me my CPlus number is not in there while it is, she spend 5 minutes trying to override the system... this is what worried me, did she do something?? although the Cplus number is on the boarding pass, I will not be assured until they post.

Then on the return trip, check in agent at HNL took 10 minutes to check me in trying to figure out what to do with the Black stickers. Turns out he printed two boarding pass??? put the sticker on one of them and kept it at the check in counter. Took him 10 minutes, he said the system were slow, but I see other agent checking in passenger in less than 2 mins... "He just doesn't know what to do!"

I am planning to use the "guarantee award seats" benefit to claim two award seats to HKG which will save me over $10000 for 2 J seats.

If the points are in fact missing, I then have to sent it in which I am sure will be past christmas before I get the points back, which means I cannot use that benefit.
If this situation does becomes a reality, will the EP desk be able to do something about this for me?

I have planned all my trips carefully this year so that I will make EP by the end of Nov and be able to claim the tickets soon after. I even took a couple of webspecials to make sure I will make EP by the end of the month.

If CP does screw this up which in turns screw up my christmas plans, I will seriously consider switching to AC.

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 16, 1999, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Relax there, Empress.

As you mentioned, points are normally credited within 4 days with the odd exception. Personally, I would give it until this Friday before calling someone at Canadian Plus (a word of caution, don't call the regular line). I have an amazing contact in CPlus Operations who has adjusted my account with missing flight credits via fax and even over the phone! Yes, there are some amazing employees at Canadian! Now I hope you'll take back that threat to switch over to AC.
Old Nov 16, 1999, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

It's just that it is very frustrating to be penalized for their employee's mistake.

Possible to contact you for your personal contact in CPlus if it does comes to this?

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 16, 1999, 5:51 pm
ALW

Empress, my Sunday flights to LAX didn't post until Thursday. Might Saturday flights home haven't posted yet (Tuesday night).

When I asked about my AA flights from last month, which took longer to post, I asked if I could fax them in (which I think is against the rules). The phone agent said sure try it (and why not, it wasn't her neck) but I did think I'd get away with it, since my CP number was right on the pass! (So the fear that unnumbered passes would end up at multiple plans wasn't there).

Give it another couple of days, then try calling the Gold line and ask where to fax them.

andrew
Old Nov 16, 1999, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I agree with AW, Empress. Wait a couple more days and check on-line again. If they're still not there, let me know and I'll forward you the fax number at CPlus Operations in YVR.

I can relate to your frustration with the agent. Some agent's are truly clueless when it comes to automatic tracking of your points in the computer. I had one gate agent simply write my CPlus number on the boarding pass with her pen and tell me that everything would be alright. Needless to say, it wasn't! I find that this problem occurs normally when you make changes to your itinerary. Some agents get a little freaked due to their own inexperience or lack of knowledge.

[This message has been edited by PointWeasel (edited 11-16-1999).]
Old Nov 16, 1999, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

I guess I'll wait a couple days. It's just seems like I came a long way and just when I seem to be so close to EP, some road blocks comes up...

Anyways...I am thinking whether or not to write up a complaint letter regarding that YYZ agent, I got her agent code on the boarding pass, so that's no problem.. Did I forgot to say this...She was only the phone carrying on a casual conversation when she checked me in and she gave me a look when I gave her a ETKT and asked "Where're u going [with some really bad attitude..you can imagine] because I checked in at international which I am suppose to do because HNL is considered international I guess. Should I complaint?

I let you guys know when my points post.

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 17, 1999, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Still haven't got the points yet as of today. However, just got off the phone with CP's GOLD line, and got very helpful/friendly service. I told them this was critical to me making Plat and I was told to call back during regular hours when they have a supervisor on site at which time they will have access to past flights and they will might be able to do something for me.

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 18, 1999, 6:47 am
ALW

It's now Thursday morning and my Saturday flights (CP, LAX-YVR, YVR-YYZ, YYZ-YOW) still haven't posted. It seems to me my Sunday flights down to LA were posted the following Thursday, so this is a day longer, but it's still four business days if they appear today.

andrew
Old Nov 18, 1999, 9:28 am

This must be some sort of karma, or simply a computer problem, but my flight from this past Saturday (YYJ-YVR) and Sunday (YVR-YYZ) still have not posted. This is highly unusual, especially since I booked on-line with CP on the website so I know for sure that my CPlus number is on my itinerary. Even the 500 point on-line booking bonus is still missing as of this morning...
Old Nov 18, 1999, 10:45 am
ALW

Or they laid off some people, or cut out overtime. Or both.

My flights from Saturday still aren't there. My flights on 7/11 are there, and they did give me the 50% bonus (I was 450pt short of 35000 -- and I missed out on many more bonus points because I put one of my F class segments YOW-ORD onto AA the trip before).

I was surprised they hadn't scooped out everything up to 15/10 for my statement, but I just checked and they've always been pretty erratic about that. My statements were 16/10, 27/9, 28/8, and 10/7 (and 15/5 but not Gold and no flights at that time).

I was really expecting 16/11 would be the statement date and I would again get only half a trip on the end of the statement.

I'll post here (and email anyone who asks) as soon as I see my points posted.

Empress, my suggestion is you start the process now. I'm holding off because all they will do is put me over 40000, but it seems these segments are much more critical for you. Phone and fax in the boarding passes and worst case, they'll be posted automatically before manually. And explain why these are so important to you, I'm sure CP will make an effort!

andrew
Old Nov 19, 1999, 12:31 am
Original Member

He he... with any luck, all the points will end up in my account. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

The process is all automated for pretty much all CP flights, so I don't think lack of people would be the problem. I did notice however, that last weekend, some sections of www.cdnair.ca were down for scheduled maintance. Don't know if that would be the problem.

Perhaps once a year, a flight I have taken will take 7-10 days to post. I too would start the process now, given the importance of it. But keep in touch with your contact, and check of the points regularly. If they appear, call them immediately and let them know.

[This message has been edited by KenHamer (edited 11-17-2000).]
Old Nov 19, 1999, 7:53 am
ALW

Ken,

Just one of the many benefits of long-term Platinum status, I'm sure.

Since my outgoing flights were posted, and my CP# is on all the boarding passes, I'm not too worried. It's annoying though.

Still, there are bigger CP issues to be worried about, and stupid politicians to be annoyed at. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

andrew
Old Nov 19, 1999, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
It's very difficult to say exactly when your points will get credited. A friend flew BKk-YVR and his points took 10 days to get credited. He's still waiting for YVR-YYZ and it's coming to a week now and the points are still not there. Sometimes it's because it's an 'overseas' thing. But yet, I've had flights credited from HKG within 3 days!

Empress - don't worry about making Exec Plat. Once the points are in for that make-it-or-break-it level, CPlus will credit all your points (loyalty, bonus etc) retroactively.

Old Nov 19, 1999, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Noth that I am worry about I will make it or not. It's the fact that I want to be a EP by end of Nov so I can claim 2 award seats to HKG for this christmas... if they keep delaying it, it'll just spoil my plans.

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 19, 1999, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just back from some travel in South America, one portion of which was on BA and will be used for the oneworld 100K promotion. I checked Cdn site and my account and noted that that BA flight (between Santiago and Buenos Aires) which was taken last Friday has already been relayed by BA to Cdn and is on my account. That's less than a week.

By the way, the return portion on Tuesday was being credited to my AAdvantage account, but when I checked with AA yesterday on another matter, it hadn't shown up yet. However, my Cdn flight in October, outward credited to Cdn, return to AA (change made at check-in with Cdn agent in Vancouver) has been posted.

I find updating is often done Saturday or Sunday for flights up to those days, but I always have my credits on Cdn flights within a week. Tilden rentals are also quite quickly posted, but hotels are another matter. Intercontinental and Best Western seem to take forever. Royal Bank credit card is done within days of the monthly statement arriving.

Also noticed that the winter 5 flights/5K promo miles are posted once each threshold has been reached: I received 3K for the first 3 Cdn flights taken in October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.