Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alright CPlus!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 1999, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Alright CPlus!

I just found out I needed to head to YEG last minute for a family emergency and called my CPlus Gold line for a YVR-YEG-YVR-YYJ trip. First agent it looked pretty bad for availability even with "buckets of Gold". I said "thank you and good bye" and then redialed the number who took the details and called me back in 10 minutes with confirmed seats on an almost oversold flight! This is one of the many reasons why I will always prefer CP over AC.
Old Nov 13, 1999, 3:09 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Hi PointWeasel: I have had similar good experiences with AC. Sometimes it is WHO you speak to that makes all the difference regardless if it's CP or AC.

[This message has been edited by Flyaway (edited 11-13-1999).]
Old Nov 13, 1999, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
How true, Flyaway.

In August (before the 31st!)I called to book an EC Aeroplan reward ticket for Thanksgiving travel YVR-YYZ-LGA-EWR-YYZ-YVR and the first three agents said that it would be near impossible to get confirmed seats, however, one creative agent went ahead and got confirmed seats on a crazy routing YVR-YYC-YYZ-EWR-YYZ-YWG-YVR and said to call back a week before departure and the YVR-YYZ non-stops came available! It's too bad that some agents CP or AC are unwilling to go the extra mile.
Old Nov 13, 1999, 11:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
BTW, PW welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 13, 1999, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks Flyaway!

It's nice to see that I not the only Type A FF out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.