Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

What fare types can I use CP Upgrade certs on - on AA flights...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 1999, 5:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS

Thought I´d throw this question to you guys...

I´m thinking of using the CP upgrade certs on AA´s oneworld fare (international flights) - would these be valid?
Old Sep 27, 1999, 6:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
KenH should know better but it was my understanding that CP and AA had a pretty good deal here. All published fares!
Old Sep 27, 1999, 11:28 am
Original Member

Alas, CP coupons cannot be used on AA international flights. Otherwise, they can be used on any published fare. Haven't tried the Net SAAver fares yet, thought.

Regards,

Ken Hamer
Old Sep 27, 1999, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Rats! I think I shall ask AAdvantagers about whetehr one can buy upgrades....!
Old Sep 27, 1999, 1:29 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

upgrade coupons can be used on netsavers fares. The general rule is upgrade stickers can be used on AA's flight within the North America. Also, if you are not a member of AAdvantage and are travelling international, there are almost no way you will be upgraded. Even if they allow you to purchase upgrade, there will probably be whole bunch of AA elites in front of you.

What I did last year when I had to travel on AC and wanted an upgrade is ask AC to comp my status, they did just that and gave me Elite status which enable to upgrade my flight using the certs. Don't know whether that will work of AA though.

Regards,
Empress
Old Sep 28, 1999, 1:42 am
Original Member

Celestar340:

I already tried, on a recent flight from Miami to Panama. No chance...

All I said to the check-in agent was "Is there anyway I can..." and I immediately got a "no, sorry." She explained that there was no way a CP member could upgrade on an int'l AA flight. I didn't think to ask in the lounge. I didn't press the issue very hard.

They did however guarantee me an exit aisle seat, with an empty seat beside me, based on my oneworld emerald status. Given that the 727 aisle seats had more legroom than their MD-80's and 757's in first class, it was not too bad.

Regards,

Ken Hamer
Old Sep 28, 1999, 5:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So does it makes us Exec Plat´s at CP feel better - can AAérs upgrade to CP international flights?

Hope not!
Old Sep 28, 1999, 11:16 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Nope...same thing. AAers' can't upgrade on CP's international flight.

Regards,
Empress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.