Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

CPlus not offering 100K Bonus and draw

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 1999, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS

I emailed CPlus last week to see if they were matching the promo offered by CX and AA and recived this email from them today:

Canadian Plus is not offering a promotion like this at this time.

Old Sep 4, 1999, 3:52 pm
Ty

I called CP a few days ago and spoke to an agent, I told him that AA/BA/CX/QF/AY had all announced that they were participating in the 100K bonus, and asked if they had decided to? It was the first he had heard of the Promo, I gave him the URL's for AA, Finair and Asiamiles websites with details of the promo and he promised to look into it and call me back...

I received a voicemail later that day and he told me that "CP's Marketing department is aware of the promo but at this time does not plan to participate." -- He suggested getting an AAdvantage account if I want the bonus points..

I'm only Club on CP, maybe more people call (some Exec. Platinum members?) asking if they will participate maybe they'll come around and join in...

Later,
-Ty

[This message has been edited by Ty (edited 09-04-1999).]
Old Sep 4, 1999, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I think CP has more problems to worry about!
Old Sep 7, 1999, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Too bad that Cdn+ isn't going to join the 100K oneworld promotion. With AC's latest set of bonuses (for full-fare flyers through 1999) something must be in the works down in Calgary. But as Celestar340 notes, they do have a few other things on their minds these days...

As for joining AA's program to take advantage (pardon the pun) of this promo, it's too late. The small print on their webpage says you have to have been a member prior to September 1st. So unless you've a dormant account, you'll have to join another participating oneworld partner.

And remember, without Cdn participating, none of the miles claimed as a part of the promo on the other oneworld partner will count towards Q-miles for Gold or Executive Platinum.

Guess we'll just have to settle for our Legacy -- whatever that is -- and Loyalty bonuses.
Old Sep 11, 1999, 10:43 am
ALW

I downloaded the new offline timetable for CP and was poking around. I noticed some of the AA BOS-LAX flights carry a QF code. But itn won't price them (it offers them). Is that because it must be a connection on QF to take that flight? Or could it be a connection from outside U.S. on another carrier?

If CP stays out of this promo, I'll keep putting points on my CPlus account to try and get EP next year.

Thanks!
andrew
Old Sep 11, 1999, 5:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

You cannot book the QF codeshare flights unless you are connecting through to a Qantas flight OR you hold a ticket issued by Qantas overseas with the sectors of a ticket that includes LAX-BOS on a QF flight number.

The problem with ITN is that it shows more than what's available but it cannot distingusih which flights can or cannot be booked to travel within North America.
Old Sep 12, 1999, 9:04 am
ALW

Thanks for the confirmation. You're right, all itn does is tell you it can't price that flight, if you try to do so. But not why.

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.