FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada-462/)
-   -   Question for the AC Mods about the upcoming election (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/863574-question-ac-mods-about-upcoming-election.html)

airbus320 Sep 7, 2008 7:51 am

Question for the AC Mods about the upcoming election

A Canadian federal election has been called for Canada this am.

Where are the AC forum constituents going to go to debate the respective merits of the parties involved?

Not Omni I hope..... :rolleyes:

Will I be allowed to post an OT thread on this forum ?

A ruling please.

propofol Sep 7, 2008 7:55 am

I sure hope they don't allow it in this forum!

Sebring Sep 7, 2008 8:28 am

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 10325784)
I sure hope they don't allow it in this forum!

I agree, unless there is a current news angle related to commercial aviation (like an airport rent or fuel tax promise, air policy changes, the so-called passenger bill of rights [like if another party proposes something tougher...]).

TRAVELSIG Sep 7, 2008 8:29 am

I am in no way, shape or form a moderator- however I do support the idea of airbus320 to have one OT thread here...!

greenlotus Sep 7, 2008 8:30 am

What's wrong with the Canada forum? Post it there!

tomh009 Sep 7, 2008 8:31 am

Based on the forum rule, FT Canada forum is the right place for Canadian politics.

I would be happy to keep this forum (at least relatively) free of politics.

taupo Sep 7, 2008 8:33 am

AB320, great idea for the thread, but have it in the Canada forum. I know of other places where we could have this discussion.

zorn Sep 7, 2008 8:33 am

Isn't the Canada forum supposed to be a travel forum?

If one is merely interested in "the rules", OMNI is the proper place.

(I personally don't care where it goes or if one even exists.)

tomh009 Sep 7, 2008 8:44 am

From the forum sticky:

3. OT threads that are related to Canada, but not covered in #1 or # 2 will be moved to the FT Canada forum. Examples would include threads about CBC Mini Series, "Deals of the Day", "How to I get from YYZ to downtown TO", Canadian Shampoo threads, etc.
Personally I'm fine with OMNI as well. But this forum is for AC, so unless AC comes up as an election issue, those debates should be elsewhere.

1st Class Gekko Sep 7, 2008 9:18 am

How are the policitical party leaders making their way around the country? Is AC Jetz providing any service to the parties?

why fly Sep 7, 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko (Post 10326075)
How are the policitical party leaders making their way around the country? Is AC Jetz providing any service to the parties?

Dion will be using a bike.:D it will be painted with lead free green paint.

airbus320 Sep 7, 2008 9:24 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863455

Now back to the original discussion.... :)

The Canada forum is a less visited forum. It has very little prominence.

I had hoped that allowing an "exception" OT thread in this forum would allow for some discussion of the election issues....a civil discussion of course centered on the issues ;)

tcook052 Sep 7, 2008 10:08 am

Originally Posted by tomh009 (Post 10325943)
Personally I'm fine with OMNI as well. But this forum is for AC, so unless AC comes up as an election issue, those debates should be elsewhere.

Agree.

BTW, there already is an thread in OMNI on the election.

airbus320 Sep 7, 2008 10:20 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 10326270)
Agree.

BTW, there already is an thread in OMNI on the election.

...thread already relegated to page 2 and probably heading for page 3 et al at warp speed. ;)

Sebring Sep 7, 2008 10:24 am

AC is chartering A319s for the Conservatives and NDP while the Liberals are chartering an Air Inuit 737-200.