Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Toronto for the HOB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Question Hotel in Toronto for the HOB

There's a pretty good chance I'll be seeing a concert at the Molson Amphitheatre (HOB). I was planning on driving up to Toronto and then getting a hotel for the night before heading back.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nearby hotel? Are there any nearby hotels?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Taker Park
There's a pretty good chance I'll be seeing a concert at the Molson Amphitheatre (HOB). I was planning on driving up to Toronto and then getting a hotel for the night before heading back.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nearby hotel? Are there any nearby hotels?
Nearby? No or at least not yet, there's talk of building a hotel adjacent to the trade center nearby but thats no help for you, reasonably convenient? Many

Molson Amplitheatre has a huge parking lot, since you have a car anyway that's probably your best bet, parking is 12 bucks, that is unless you plan to imbibe, in which case there are public transit options.

http://www.ontarioplace.com/en/visitor/directions.html
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Toronto HOB Hotel

Thanks!

This is very helpful and I'm going to bookmark it so that I'll have it...I forgot to mention about taking a cab to Ontario Place, but I was still half asleep. I just don't want to stay too far from the QEW.

Much appreciated!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:21 am

The Sheraton 4 points is about 5km west of the park on Lakeshore. Several of the downtown hotels are within 5km range to the east and northeast, the Radisson Admiral, the one at Skydome, the Westin and the Holiday Inn downtown. Actually getting a cab when leaving the park can be a challenge.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Question Cabs at the HOB

Since I've never been to the amphitheatre, do you think it'd be possible to walk to a nearby establishment where it'd be easier to grab a a taxi? Say like a gas station or bar?

Maybe I should make a mid week weekend out of it so I can have a Woodbine Wednesday.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: 1K
Since I've never been to the amphitheatre, do you think it'd be possible to walk to a nearby establishment where it'd be easier to grab a a taxi? Say like a gas station or bar?

Maybe I should make a mid week weekend out of it so I can have a Woodbine Wednesday.
Stay at any downtown hotel and make like the Locals... take the "Red Rocket" (TTC) http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/

To get to Ontario Place via TTC:
Take the Bloor subway to Bathurst Station, then the Bathurst 511 streetcar south to Exhibition Place. You will then have to walk south through the Exhibition grounds, over the Lakeshore bridge and into Ontario Place.

OR

From Union Station take the Harbourfront 509 Streetcar to Exhibition Place. You will then have to walk south through the Exhibition grounds, over the Lakeshore bridge and into Ontario Place.

Have fun!
DD
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:45 pm

Seriously, take the TTC, or stay at the Radisson, it's only 3km away, 25 minute brisk walk. There is NOTHING in the immediate vicinity, the closest gas station is about 3/4 of the way to the Radisson.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
If you take the cab, coming out the Exhibition Place or Ontario Place after an event, I have found the best place to get cabs is by walking around Fort York Boulevard (highlighted on this map). They come down there heading towards the grounds, and you can easily flag one down.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information.

BTW, whoever designed the TTC website, including route maps should really take a lesson from the tube guys in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.