Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France flight crashed in YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
We need to paint a warning on RUNWAYS in YYA for Air France please land on the other half of the runway.
I have made a few of them -- want to volunteer putting them next to the rwy?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/na...4-d2eada4220e0

OTTAWA -- The Transportation Safety Board's final report on the Air France crash in Toronto three years ago watered down how the lack of having an extended runway impacted both passenger injuries and damage to the plane, according to documents obtained by Canwest News Service.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
CYA, no one these days seems to take any responsibility.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:04 pm

Mod's please move this updated thread should you feel this forum isn't the right place but I noticed this news and thought this thread the best place for it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN...pe=marketsNews

TORONTO, Dec 31 (Reuters) - A Canadian judge has approved a C$12 million ($11.4 million) class-action settlement with 184 passengers on an Air France jet that overran a Toronto airport runway four years ago, the Toronto Star reported on Thursday.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
C$12 million
Around $65,000 each. Under the circumstances, probably not unreasonable, for a Canadian lawsuit. In the US, this would certainly have been five times as much. How much to the lawyers get?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:33 pm

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...im-claims.html

June 7 (Bloomberg) -- Air France-KLM won approval at Ontario’s highest court to settle claims over the crash of an Airbus SAS jet that overshot a runway in Toronto five years ago.

Under an agreement made public today, Air France will pay C$10 million ($9.5 million) plus interest, in exchange for a release that prevents any future lawsuits from those involved in the group suit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.