Search

Scooter/Moped Rentals in Richmond/YVR

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2004, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Scooter/Moped Rentals in Richmond/YVR

Can anyone recommend a place that rents mopeds/scooters (like a Vespa) in Richmond or near YVR? I don't recall seeing many of these vehicles - is there a prohibition on them? Is there a helmet law as well?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2004, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
They used to be around and were available for rent years ago. Now that you mention it, I don't see them anymore. Not sure if regulations have changed such as requiring full MC endorsement, helmets or whatever. Used to be that you didn't under a certain maximum speed/engine size.

Reading this, it appears that as long as they are under 50 c.c., have auto transmissions/clutches and have stop speeds of under 70 km/h you don't need an endorsement. And yes, you still need a helmet.

If any places still have them, it wold probably be the bicycle rental places that used to be in the west end (Denman & Georgia). Not sure if they're still around or not wth all the development.

Last edited by terenz; May 25, 2004 at 9:20 am
Old May 26, 2004, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by terenz
They used to be around and were available for rent years ago. Now that you mention it, I don't see them anymore. Not sure if regulations have changed such as requiring full MC endorsement, helmets or whatever. Used to be that you didn't under a certain maximum speed/engine size.

Reading this, it appears that as long as they are under 50 c.c., have auto transmissions/clutches and have stop speeds of under 70 km/h you don't need an endorsement. And yes, you still need a helmet.

If any places still have them, it wold probably be the bicycle rental places that used to be in the west end (Denman & Georgia). Not sure if they're still around or not wth all the development.
Thanks, terenz, I knew I could count on you. Any insights into a full-blown motorcycle rental as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.