Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quebec Winter Carnival?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Quebec Winter Carnival?

I've been hearing about the winter carnival in Quebec for year and trying to decide whether or not to go up for a long weekend. Wanted to stay at the Frairmont Le Chateau Frontenac but sold out. I can stay at the Wuebec Hilton (gold VIP) the second or third weekend of the carnival...
Any suggestions? Worth it?
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:12 pm

Winter carnival is spectacular. However, most of the things to see and do are outdoors, so dress accordingly. Expect to freeze your tuckus off. If you can, stay at the Chateau Frontenac, especially if you can get a room on the Entre Gold level. This is truly one of the great hotels in the world. The Hilton is good, but not as special as the Chateau. The Loews Concorde is also good, but a bit bland/cookie cutter. The Quebecois know how to party and the winter carnival is their big festival. Be sure to get one of those hollow platic canes and fill it with warm Caribou, a local drink. You will see many many people toting their canes. The carnival is one of the best times of the year to see Quebec in all its glory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.