YYZ v YUL to begin/end a trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold

I live in the US and am finding a much better fare for a biz class ticket if I start and end the trip in Canada. I'll be on United if it matters. The prices from both YYZ and YUL are roughly the same (maybe $30 difference or so) All things being equal, which airport is better of the two? Things that matter to me: airport lounges and food options, ease of navigating, and lesser Border delays (assuming that I have to clear immigration as a transit passenger from the US?) I'd welcome any helpful feedback and thank you for your time. oh, and although I'll be purchasing a ticket on United for the trip in/out of Canada, I'm not quite sure yet which carrier I'll take to get TO either of the two airports mentioned from the US: most likely it'll be AC, United, or Delta. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
I live in the US and am finding a much better fare for a biz class ticket if I start and end the trip in Canada. I'll be on United if it matters. The prices from both YYZ and YUL are roughly the same (maybe $30 difference or so) All things being equal, which airport is better of the two? Things that matter to me: airport lounges and food options, ease of navigating, and lesser Border delays (assuming that I have to clear immigration as a transit passenger from the US?) I'd welcome any helpful feedback and thank you for your time. oh, and although I'll be purchasing a ticket on United for the trip in/out of Canada, I'm not quite sure yet which carrier I'll take to get TO either of the two airports mentioned from the US: most likely it'll be AC, United, or Delta. Thanks.
It won’t be Delta. I prefer YYZ in case of IROPS there are more flight options than YUL.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
If you are connecting onto AC for a transatlantic or transpacific flight, and you will be in paid J, suggest YYZ so that you can experience the AC Signature Suite for a la carte dining. Just make sure you have enough time between flights to enjoy your lounge time. Downside of YYZ: boaridng can be a zoo sometimes depending on which gate you have due to the concourse layout.
--
13F

PS no signature lounge access if you are connecting to the Caribbean
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, I live in the US and I'll be travelling from the US to Canada, on either AC, Delta, or United. THEN from that point in Canada, I'll be travelling on United from either YUL or YYZ to So America. Flight TO YUL or YYZ I'm not sure if I'm gonna be in Y or J and the flight on United from there to So America will be in paid J. Thanks everyone! So far it looks like YYZ is the prevailing sentiment!
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, I live in the US and I'll be travelling from the US to Canada, on either AC, Delta, or United. THEN from that point in Canada, I'll be travelling on United from either YUL or YYZ to So America. Flight TO YUL or YYZ I'm not sure if I'm gonna be in Y or J and the flight on United from there to So America will be in paid J. Thanks everyone! So far it looks like YYZ is the prevailing sentiment!
If you are travelling to Canada on a different airline leave yourself tons of time or overnight in Canada as you will not be protected in case of delays. And YYZ just gives you more flexibility if there are delays or cancellations.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I don't believe that United flies from YUL or YYZ to South America. You will either be connecting again in the US or flying on Air Canada or Copa, perhaps on a United codeshare. Not sure if that will get you in the Signature Lounge,
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I don't believe that United flies from YUL or YYZ to South America. You will either be connecting again in the US or flying on Air Canada or Copa, perhaps on a United codeshare. Not sure if that will get you in the Signature Lounge,
It will not. Because if you are departing YYZ on UA, you will be doing so from the transborder wing, and not from the International gates.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
open jaw as 3rd option

Are you planning to travel on AC metal? That is the only circumstance you can access AC Signature Suites.
YUL has a few advantages not mentioned earier - shorter walking time to int'l gates, no waiting line for Trusted Traveler machines to name two. Why not try open-jaw?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.