Wiki Posts
Search

Mandatory Random Testing at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Mandatory Random Testing at YYZ

Hi all!

My wife and I recently returned to Canada from the US through YYZ this past weekend. We're fully vaccinated, filled out our ArriveCAN declaration, went through customs, and got green stickers on our passports (which apparently means we weren't selected from random testing?). We were sent our our way and made our way to our domestic connection. Now today, we get an email from the Government of Canada saying one of us was selected for random mandatory testing, and that we should have had it done within 24 hours. We called the helpline listed in the email, and they had no idea what to say other than directing us to the CBSA website...who recommended we contact that original helpline for all COVID related questions. When we called back and the second \ person we were talking to said to not stress about it, and unless we hear from them again not to worry about it...which is difficult to do when that email is threatening fines.

We're more than happy to just get tested, but at this point aren't even sure how to go about doing it (and obviously don't want to pay out of pocket). Has anyone else run into a similar issue?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ardorous
Hi all!

My wife and I recently returned to Canada from the US through YYZ this past weekend. We're fully vaccinated, filled out our ArriveCAN declaration, went through customs, and got green stickers on our passports (which apparently means we weren't selected from random testing?). We were sent our our way and made our way to our domestic connection. Now today, we get an email from the Government of Canada saying one of us was selected for random mandatory testing, and that we should have had it done within 24 hours. We called the helpline listed in the email, and they had no idea what to say other than directing us to the CBSA website...who recommended we contact that original helpline for all COVID related questions. When we called back and the second \ person we were talking to said to not stress about it, and unless we hear from them again not to worry about it...which is difficult to do when that email is threatening fines.

We're more than happy to just get tested, but at this point aren't even sure how to go about doing it (and obviously don't want to pay out of pocket). Has anyone else run into a similar issue?
Ignore it. You both have green stickers. The emails go out to everyone. I still have 8 blue boxes sitting on my desk from mandatory tests from 2020 and 2021. No one cares or they would have flagged me long ago.
LETTERBOY and Aired like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, Aeroplan Amex Reserve
I had a similar situation crossing the land border with my family at Lewiston/Queeston back in the spring when RAT testing was still required to return. I uploaded the results to ArriveCAN, made our declarations, and were welcomed home with no request to test on arrival. 3 days later I received an automated call saying my arrival test was never received - just me, not my wife or kids.

A few phone calls later, I was directed to send an email outlining the circumstances. I received a response from a human telling me all was good.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FinsToTheLeft
I had a similar situation crossing the land border with my family at Lewiston/Queeston back in the spring when RAT testing was still required to return. I uploaded the results to ArriveCAN, made our declarations, and were welcomed home with no request to test on arrival. 3 days later I received an automated call saying my arrival test was never received - just me, not my wife or kids.

A few phone calls later, I was directed to send an email outlining the circumstances. I received a response from a human telling me all was good.
Can you share the email address that you were given to contact the PHAC and resolve the issue ?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:13 am

This problem was caused by the CBSA failing to notify you that you have been selected. Apparently it's quite common.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...port-1.6481934
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:21 am

A system not fit for purpose. The sooner they realise this and end this charade the better.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC 25K, Aeroplan Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by Covidian98
Can you share the email address that you were given to contact the PHAC and resolve the issue ?
[email protected]
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Ignore it, I travelled internationally every 6 wks throughout the pandemic and was selected many times for random testing. sometimes I was getting the proper emails monitoring etc. other times nothing, and other times like you, not selected but yet the follow up emails came to me.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.