Wiki Posts
Search

PCR Testing in Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
PCR Testing in Ottawa

Anyone familiar with PCR testing options in Ottawa (for outbound international travel)?

Is the Shoppers $150 test reliably delivered within 48 hours?

Austria just added a 72-hour negative PCR test requirement for travelers without a booster, and their 72-hour period is measured from the time of entry into Austria so I need a test taken as close to departure as possible.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
Pharmacie MediOne in Vanier claims next day by 2pm results at $120+.
I will be using them next week for the first time.
Elna medical in Gatineau says 24 hours at $200+. Never used them, but reviews seem encouraging.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOW_RTW
Pharmacie MediOne in Vanier claims next day by 2pm results at $120+.
I will be using them next week for the first time.
Elna medical in Gatineau says 24 hours at $200+. Never used them, but reviews seem encouraging.
Thank you! The Pharmacie MediOne test is actually on sale at $102+HST now. Told my parents to go check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:40 pm

Try Riverside Travel Medicine Clinic. They are professional, reliable, and expensive.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Thank you! The Pharmacie MediOne test is actually on sale at $102+HST now. Told my parents to go check it out. Thanks for the tip!
In October, I took the PCR test at Elna around 1:00pm and received the results at 4:30am the following morning. In November, I used Pharmacie Medione, given the lower cost compared to Elna and I took the PCR test at 1:00pm and received the results at 8:30am the following morning.

Last edited by qrctraveller; Dec 25, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Reporting back to throw my endorsement behind Pharmacie MediOne. My parents got their samples taken at 1pm yesterday and received their results before 9am this morning. No payment before appointment. Service was friendly and efficient. Will use again!

Thanks again to YOW_RTW for the tip!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
Reporting back to throw my endorsement behind Pharmacie MediOne. My parents got their samples taken at 1pm yesterday and received their results before 9am this morning. No payment before appointment. Service was friendly and efficient. Will use again!

Thanks again to YOW_RTW for the tip!
Thanks for the update. My test is on Thursday.
Could you tell me if the results certificate had a QR code? More countries now have this as a requirement.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOW_RTW
Thanks for the update. My test is on Thursday.
Could you tell me if the results certificate had a QR code? More countries now have this as a requirement.
Yep - there are actually 2 QR codes (not sure why haha).

And honestly it makes sense for authorities to require QR codes if test results and vaccine certificates are meant as anything more than safety theatre. I've probably shown my vaccine certificate and test results upwards of 100 times over the past year and there have been 0 times where anyone spent more than 5 seconds perusing over a tiny PDF on my phone. There would be absolutely no way for them to spot a doctored fake.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
yes

My test (in November) was on time and expensive - as per above.
At the time, I figured it was worth the extra $$$ to salvage my trip. It worked!
Since then, I understand Costco does if for less? Haven't tried.
in AMS, my PCR test for rtn. travel was cheaper (79 euros).
The Netherlands knocks it out of the park when it comes to antigen tests. You can get them on most street corners and they are free.
It is sad to see so many Canadians waiting hours in long lines for tests. Holland was much, much better.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:52 pm

Interesting update from Riverside Travel Medicine Clinic:
Our clinic will be closed from January 10, reopening January 31. This decision was taken taken due to difficulty in obtaining a secure supply of tests, risk of insufficient staffing due to COVID, uncertain turnaround times for PCR tests during this time of overburdened laboratories and our desire for a break after more than a year of COVID testing. We will make February appointments available as soon as we are assured of adequate resources. Travellers seeing us through to January 9 will of course receive their reports as usual.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
FYI - The PCR results from Riverside Travel don't include a QR code, for those who may plan to use them in the future when they reopen.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
backlog ?

Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
That sucks. Closed until 31 January. What kind of a backlog does that mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.