Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent/Current YYZ-USA Preclearance Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I checked and apparently it's a newer option - I've been a member for many years and back then we had to add GE separately to a Nexus account, it was not automatic and Nexus members did not have GE by default without applying. Most people got Nexus first because it was only $50 and GE was more expensive, so it was better to get Nexus and add GE to it for free.

Since every time I've gone to the GE kiosks at YYZ, I'm usually the only one there, while most of the people who got into the Nexus security line at the same time walked to the regular immigration line - so maybe they didn't know they could use the GE kiosks.
Suggest spending some time studying this thread - in particular, the wiki at the beginning of the thread:
NEXUS Gets Deactivated upon Final Approval of Global Entry and Vice Versa
In a nutshell, an individual can hold EITHER Nexus OR Global Entry BUT NOT BOTH.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: AC SE
Anyone have thoughts about arriving at YYZ on Sunday at around noon for a 2:10 PM flight to Nashville? I'm thinking that at that time of day two hours will be sufficient.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:40 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I don't know about Sundays, but I arrived at 11:30 for a 2:30 flight to Boston on a Friday and it was over an hour for preclearance, plus what looked like at least 30min for security (I had priroity so bypassed the line and went straight to the belt). That was at T3.
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:33 pm

Is YYZ T1 transborder back to the old pre-pandemic setup for Nexus / Global Entry (separate security entrance at the back of aisle 11) or did they move it again?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CorSter
Is YYZ T1 transborder back to the old pre-pandemic setup for Nexus / Global Entry (separate security entrance at the back of aisle 11) or did they move it again?
The Nexus / GE entrance was at the back of aisle 11 when I went through there a few weeks ago.
CorSter likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:04 am

So my interesting observation of the day - the TSA PreCheck logo is now showing on the trusted traveller security line and the CATSA staffer at the door didn't care to see my Nexus card because the boarding pass had PreCheck.

Of course then we got to the line and the agent made us take our shoes and belts off and remove liquids from the bags....

Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Silver
The use of the Mobile Passport Control app at YYZ will start Aug. 30th. This should ease some of the pain.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CorSter
So my interesting observation of the day - the TSA PreCheck logo is now showing on the trusted traveller security line and the CATSA staffer at the door didn't care to see my Nexus card because the boarding pass had PreCheck.

Of course then we got to the line and the agent made us take our shoes and belts off and remove liquids from the bags....
My last couple trips through, no removal of shoes - sounds like you got an idiot who doesn't know how this line works. Did you remind them you have Nexus and pre-check and are not required to remove shoes, or ask for a supervisor?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by respectable_man
The use of the Mobile Passport Control app at YYZ will start Aug. 30th. This should ease some of the pain.
This sounds like it could be quite helpful. I downloaded the app and it seems straightforward enough. I am flying to the US on Labour Day weekend and will give it a shot.

I wonder if they will have a dedicated line to speak to an agent for those who have used the app. Or will those people only be able to bypass the kiosks and then join the main line? The first option seems like it would be a more significant help than the second. The CBP site is a bit ambiguous: "Travelers using MPC will be directed to a specific processing lane for a streamlined entry process."
Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Oh boy. I fly out of YYZ T1 on the 29th to go to Vegas. My flight is at 8:30PM. How early should I get to the airport if I don't have NEXUS?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:40 am

The airport has a page that shows their busy times. Their recommendation is 3 hours if you’re passing through security at one of those times.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: UA Silver
Well… the app (or at least the version I have) does not allow YYZ as a port of entry so maybe this will change soon. On the other hand there’s a separate line designated for MPC users (obviously deserted this morning) so this should speed up the process when it’s properly deployed.
CorSter and TheCanuckian like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:06 am

Well… the app (or at least the version I have) does not allow YYZ as a port of entry so maybe this will change soon. On the other hand there’s a separate line designated for MPC users (obviously deserted this morning) so this should speed up the process when it’s properly deployed.
Nice! I'm glad they'll have a line for it. I'm assuming uptake in the early days will be minimal, so hopefully it saves some time.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:07 am

[Deleted; had a stupid question, found answer]

Last edited by canadave; Aug 31, 2022 at 10:17 am
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:54 pm

I’d love to have some people share their experiences with the Mobile Passport Control app at YYZ. It now lists Toronto as a valid port of entry.
OSSYULYYZ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.