Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transiting through Montreal to Boston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Transiting through Montreal to Boston

Would anyone happen to know if I need to pick up my luggage somewhere to clear customs?? Flying through Montreal to Boston, Air Canada.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Flying from where?
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry....flying Halifax to Boston through Montreal.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ort/ca-us.html

Walk down the hall towards the international area and turn left for US connections. It can feel like a bit of a labyrinth of hallways. No baggage to collect.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Bit of a noob question, piggyback

I've got a noob question but because of COVID, I simply don't know the answer, and it relates to your Halifax-Montreal-USA route.
I'm travelling YUL-YYZ-LAS, but can't see clearly where I pre-clear US customs? In YUL or in YYZ? Did you pre-clear in Halifax? Do they have pre-clear in Halifax?
Thanks all.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
I've got a noob question but because of COVID, I simply don't know the answer, and it relates to your Halifax-Montreal-USA route.
I'm travelling YUL-YYZ-LAS, but can't see clearly where I pre-clear US customs? In YUL or in YYZ? Did you pre-clear in Halifax? Do they have pre-clear in Halifax?
Thanks all.
You will be domestic from YUL-YYZ and clear US customs in YYZ before departing for LAS. This has not changed with COVID, you clear US customs on the last leg leaving Canada (if they have pre-clearance) or at the destination in the USA (if they do not have pre-clearance)
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ort/ca-us.html

Walk down the hall towards the international area and turn left for US connections. It can feel like a bit of a labyrinth of hallways. No baggage to collect.
Perfect. Thanks so much. URL very helpful as well.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: WoH Globalist; AS MVP 75K; OW Emerald; AA Platinum Pro; HH Gold; MB Gold
Late to this question but curious because I am sending my 80+-year-old mother on a similar route, how much time did clearing US customs take (or does it usually take)?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aumarosa
Late to this question but curious because I am sending my 80+-year-old mother on a similar route, how much time did clearing US customs take (or does it usually take)?
It is difficult to say. My last transfer to the transborder terminal (gate D5 to the transborder MLL) took about 20 minutes. That includes walking, security and US CBP. It was Sunday, noon-ish. But YMMV. I've seen much worse.
aumarosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.