Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:30 pm

There's nowhere in arrive can to upload test result. As long as this is an actual document and not SMS you should simply show it to CBSA when you arrive to avoid the nasty sticker.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:56 am

First time I didn't get any sticker on my passport arriving YUL from an int. flight. Went straight through no questions asked as a non Canadian.

Last edited by Stil; Apr 21, 2022 at 9:44 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I'm looking for thread on ArriveCan app.
i downloaded the app on my android phone, set up account, scanned passport and vac info. App then said my (relatively new) phone did not meet security standards and it does not let me go further. Can I apply for this on my laptop or must it be done through the app...?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Can I apply for this on my laptop or must it be done through the app...?
I don't have a data plan, so didn't bother with the App on my tablet or smartphone.

Did it on my desktop actually, just printed the number and gave that the first time I arrived in Canada last year. Don't think they even wanted the number on my second trip. As others have posted, they get all the info they need once they scan your passport - provided you did the Arrive CAN app, whichever instrument you decide to use.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by EmailKid
I don't have a data plan, so didn't bother with the App on my tablet or smartphone.

Did it on my desktop actually, just printed the number and gave that the first time I arrived in Canada last year. Don't think they even wanted the number on my second trip. As others have posted, they get all the info they need once they scan your passport - provided you did the Arrive CAN app, whichever instrument you decide to use.
Thank you!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Big changes announced for Monday the 25th for vaccinated travelers and those under 12.

--No more pre departure test for under 12 unvaccinated/1 dose.
--No more quarantine plan for vaccinated travelers or those under 12.
--No more masking for 14 days after return.
--No requirement to keep a list of contacts or monitor symptoms for 14 days.
LETTERBOY and Yul_voyager like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jmt18325
I am pretty sure half of the travelers were not even aware of those requirements...

Also, another news is that if you test positive after your travel you can follow your province guidelines for isolation (generally 5 days), you don't have to report it to PHAC and isolate for 10 days (not that it was actually enforced but it's officially not the rule anymore)
jmt18325 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: Mileage plus
Who kept a list of contacts for 14 days?!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jmt18325
Big changes announced for Monday the 25th for vaccinated travelers and those under 12.

--No more pre departure test for under 12 unvaccinated/1 dose.
--No more quarantine plan for vaccinated travelers or those under 12.
Post a source before you know who goes after you
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by YYZ1313
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pub...l-22-1.6427443

and official release : https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-april-25.html
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
I wouldn't call those big changes. I was vaguely aware of those requirements, and completely ignored them twice upon return from abroad with the kids.

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
If you catch wind of an actual substantive change coming, such as lifting the inane vaccine travel mandate, please, please, please, post on here. Even it it's 2035.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
I wouldn't call those big changes. I was vaguely aware of those requirements, and completely ignored them twice upon return from abroad with the kids.

If you catch wind of an actual substantive change coming, such as lifting the inane vaccine travel mandate, please, please, please, post on here. Even it it's 2035.
I'll consider it in 2035. Thanks to you know you.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Unmaxdemax
Who kept a list of contacts for 14 days?!
No one.

But now the useless rule is gone.

Originally Posted by bambinomartino
It's a pretty big change to no longer require a test for unvaccinated kids, and to eliminate the quarantine plan. The quarantine plan always caused me issues because I live at an address with an "essential worker" as defined by Ottawa.

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I am pretty sure half of the travelers were not even aware of those requirements...

Also, another news is that if you test positive after your travel you can follow your province guidelines for isolation (generally 5 days), you don't have to report it to PHAC and isolate for 10 days (not that it was actually enforced but it's officially not the rule anymore)
Now that is a big deal. I hadn't seen that.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 28, 2022 at 9:03 pm Reason: Merge multiple posts
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus

I didn't receive instructions when I arrived and was unaware of the requirements until receiving an email to watch for symptoms, isolate for 14 days if I got sick and keep a list of contacts and where I'd been. There was no mention of having to wear a mask in public places.

I received this email four days after I returned home.
LETTERBOY and jmt18325 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:23 pm

Just curious--where did you see this? I can't find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.