Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does anyone expect problems crossing border into USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

I know discretionary air travel to USA is open from Canada, but I really am having trouble finding reports of people going (and clearing preclearance). Does anyone expect problems crossing border into USA?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mabramovich
I know discretionary air travel to USA is open from Canada, but I really am having trouble finding reports of people going (and clearing preclearance). Does anyone expect problems crossing border into USA?
I've done it, but I have a green card and GE, so I'm not sure my experience is useful. They know you're coming from a safe place, and they want tourism, so I would expect a few more questions than usual, but not much more than that.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
i just did it, and got a new TN visa's while at it. It went better than usual as there is no one around, no lines to wait for. probably a record in terms of speed, efficiency, and questions asked. The CBP officers seem happy to have folks come and pass the time.
Very weird seeing the transborder part of the airport essentially empty.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I have done it twice, both times via preclearance. No problem whatsoever.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:21 am

I did it yesterday. Was a ghost town. Requirements to fly south to USA have not changed due to covid. The main drawback is the required 14-day quarantine upon returning to Canada.
seawolf and Antonio8069 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.