Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are medical liquids over 100ml allowed at security checks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

I will have an overnight transit at YYZ, meaning that I will have to be landside for my hotel and return to airside on the next day.

In the US, TSA allows medical liquids over 100ml on board. What about Canada? I just had dental surgery and need to carry with me my mouthwash. I will have two long flights (one from SFO-YYZ and then YYZ to Europe), and thus cannot be without the mouthwash. I did read the CA TSA page, but it's still unclear if non-Rx mouthwash is allowed.

Thanks.

Last edited by Barkinpark; Aug 11, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: Flying blue
In most cases you can’t argue with security officers and they tend to be strict over this 100 mL policy. I experienced myself and witnessed many cases of throwing away bottles of just 125 mL not to mention bigger. And that happend in many different countries..
Arguing with them that it is medicine is still questionable as this is not essential or life saving medicine so their will always be the last.
I would suggest you to put part of the liquid in another, smaller bottle and the rest in your checked baggage. Or to check your baggage to your transit point, claim it and then recheck it next day for your final flight
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Medical liquids are exempt. If this is prescription mouthwash just make sure the pharmacy label is one the bottle. If this is just regular mouthwash then you're likely to be told no as you can buy that anywhere.
nancypants and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
If non Rx, then bring several 100ml bottles. If the kind you need is not avail in that size, then buy some 100ml ones and dump them out and fill with what you need.
nancypants, eigenvector and YogiB like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.