Search

Good value hotel in Montreal?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Good value hotel in Montreal?

I'm planning to spend a few days in Montreal. Any recommendation for a place near a subway station for $120-$150/night?

Thx.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Do you want to be downtown? Looking for nightlife or tourist activities?
Old May 16, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CleverJesse
Do you want to be downtown? Looking for nightlife or tourist activities?
Is downtown close to Old Montreal? Yes, it'll be tourist activity. It'll be my first time going to Montreal.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
The downtown area is right next to old Montreal. You won't get a nice hotel downtown for under $150 CAD. If your pricing was USD, then your upper limit is $200 CAD which gets you out of the 2 star properties and has some options from smaller boutique hotels.

Here's a good thread discussion the Marriott options in Montreal. I would expect them to be $250+ CAD https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...hreads-30.html
Old May 18, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Maybe in winter or you have a corporate rate. Summer hotel rates are 2x/3x winter.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I just got back from Montreal, and stayed at this new hotel:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...real-downtown/

Got a rate of $150 CAD per night. It's within a 10-15 minute walking distance from old Montreal and many restaurants, a short cab ride from the downtown core of Montreal. A very nice hotel, brand new & spacious rooms. Not the greatest neighbourhood, saw a few panhandlers on the streets, nothing different than other parts of downtown Montreal. Not really an issue for me since most of my time was elsewhere in Montreal.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:24 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Did you eat at Arthurs on Notre Dame Arthurrs?
Old May 19, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ABG
Did you eat at Arthurs on Notre Dame Arthurrs?
Heh! No! My host took us to some really awesome restaurants!!
Old May 19, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
L'Appartement Hotel and Chateau Versailles are too mostly good non-chain hotels that should fit the budget of the OP, except perhaps for festival weeks in the summer.
rickg523 likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
A couple I've stayed at in the past 12 months at $150 or less tax-inclusive:

Le Meridien Versailles - $126+tax (weeknight, July) - they had good promotional rates throughout last summer and I decided to bite. Small, but comfortable rooms. Near Guy-Concordia station.
Candlewood Suites Montreal Downtown Centre - $88+tax (weeknight, April) - semi-mattress run for an IHG promo when I was in town visiting a friend. Very basic, but also very cheap. Near Champ-de-Mars station.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
not a new hotel!

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...real-downtown/.
Err, new hotel? A quick check revealed this property was re-flagged from the "Lord Berri". While I too like the area (UQAM, Saint Denis) its a 15 mn walk east of downtown. Convenient for travelers near the central bus station and Berri Metro
Old May 25, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Err, new hotel? A quick check revealed this property was re-flagged from the "Lord Berri". While I too like the area (UQAM, Saint Denis) its a 15 mn walk east of downtown. Convenient for travelers near the central bus station and Berri Metro
Correct, it used to be the Lord Berri, but they completely gutted the building, and now it is a "new" hotel post renovation. It is actually quite nice inside, arguably one of the best Fairfield Inns I've stayed in for quite some time!! Felt more like a Courtyard.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Chateau Versailles

Chateau Versailles (NB not the Meridien) has a promo rate through Tourism Montreal which includes breakfast:
https://www.chateauversaillesmontrea...d-specials.htm
Old May 27, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Chateau Versailles (NB not the Meridien) has a promo rate through Tourism Montreal which includes breakfast:
https://www.chateauversaillesmontrea...d-specials.htm
I just checked the rate for June 11th to 14th and I'm getting roughly C$220/night with taxes. Am I not better off going with other hotels at that price?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:47 pm

For some out-of-the-box ideas for the summer, consider summer accommodations at McGill University (La Citadelle, Carrefour Sherbrooke, New Residence Hall) from ~$120/night + tax or Airbnb. For more traditional hotels, I think the Best Western Ville Marie is reasonably priced for how good the location is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.