Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Via Rail Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Via Rail Discounts

Just thought I'd share a couple of Via Rail related discounts, some of which are brand new whilst others have been around for some time:
  • AirMiles : Save Up to $20 on Via Rail Tickets
    • Spend $50-$99 CAD before taxes Save $5
    • Spend $100-$199 CAD before taxes Save $10
    • Spend $200+ CAD before taxes Save $20
    • Book between September 4 - October 30, 2018 for travel until December 14, 2018
  • Sleeper Fare Discounts
    • Via Rail's Canadian and The Atlantic provide cross-country rail service to millions of Canadians every year
    • Tickets on these trains tend to be expensive since they include sleeper cabin with onboard meals, shower, other amenities included (i.e. trips from Toronto to Vancouver take 4 days to complete on the train)
    • Via Rail regularly discounts fares on those routes on a case by case basis so if you've ever dreamed of riding the Canadian or Atlantic, it would make sense to check there to see if there's a deal that works for you.
  • Discount Tuesdays
    • Every Tuesday Via Rail discounts the prices of fares across the network by up to 10%
    • You should see the announcement of the offer when you visit the Via Rail website
    • This promotion has been going on for several years (and it's unclear whether they will discount this in the future)
    • Hence, the best time to book is on a Tuesday (although travel date could be any day)
  • CAA: 10% Across the Board Discount
    • Valid for travel anywhere in Canada, anytime
    • Can be stacked with other offers to give significant discounts
    • Receive 100 Bonus Via Preference points when using this promotion for the first time
Hope that provides some insight into how to find the cheapest fares.

Safe Travels,

James
saltytheseagull likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.