Booking for Canada Transit Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold

Hi All,

I took advantage of a UA offer that has an open jaw from LAX-PEK-LAX-YYZ in November. It had to finish in Canada for it to work. I'm hopping off at LAX and just taking a flight back home from LAX (I'm Costa RIcan). I'm eligible for a free transit visa but i need a booking to show my flight out of Canada for the visa application. Apparently at PEK they will actually check if I have a Canadian visa.

There's a few options but I wanted to hear opinions/ideas:

A) I could buy a ticket, get the confirmation and use that. Cancel booking within 24 hours and get my money back.

B) I could use a dummy booking from a travel agency, which is a reservation but not booking. I've seen lots of articles online about people using these for visa's to tons of countries but I can't find reputable reviews for the websites. This is what I'm inclined to.

C) Buy flexible refundable tickets, and read the terms like a hawk and get my money back after visa secured.

I'm inclined for A/B but not C because it takes about 45 days to get your money back in Costa Rica to debit cards. I don't use credit cards because I've never liked them so that's not an option.

Thank you for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.