Reload this Page >

YYZ Lounge options / time to kill

Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold

Hi all,

apologies if this has already been posted but I could not find any recent thread dealing with the below.

I will be arriving in YYZ (Terminal 1) tomorrow from Germany and will have 5 / 6h stopover before boarding a flight on AC Rouge to Havanna. I will only have lounge access to Priority Pass lounges.

Now, I see that there are a few Plaza Premium options in both T1 and T3. But the T1 in the international sector does not appear to have a shower (whilst the Plaza Premium in Domestic Sector T1 or International Sector T3) do have a shower.

My question therefore is, can I move "freely" to those lounges regardless of the sector they are in or am I restricted in doing so? 5/6h look rather short to get to the city for a short visit, so I am probably stuck in the airport that time.

Thanks heaps
J
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
If you follow the normal recommended path after landing, the answer is no. You will go directly to the T1 International area, with no access to T1 domestic (or T3 International).

The only option I can think of is to go through normal Canadian immigration (i.e. not to go through the connecting International flight immigration queue), and then buy a refundable domestic ticket on Air Canada to get into into the domestic terminal at T1. (And then cancel it once you are in the lounge).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Sounds like too much of a hassle though, just to get a shower...

Hopefully there are some shops / things to do to kill 5h in that T1 area!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:13 pm

The Plaza Premium website shows the T1 International lounge does have shower access:
https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...l?city=Toronto

If that doesn't work, there is a workout gym called Goodlife in the pre-security area of T1 that offers $15 day passes including access to showers and change rooms. If coming out of international arrivals in T1, turn right and you will see it at the end of the terminal building.

https://www.torontopearson.com/Compo...d=4294986843##

Last edited by Jono; Mar 19, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks!

Re the shower, conflicting info as priority pass website says no shower for this specific lounge. But your link (official plaza premium site does, so I assume this is the right one)

Will report back anyway tomorrow.

Cheers
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by JFSV
Excellent, thanks!

Re the shower, conflicting info as priority pass website says no shower for this specific lounge. But your link (official plaza premium site does, so I assume this is the right one)

Will report back anyway tomorrow.

Cheers

If you just want to do say the CN tower (more of a Ive done it ba worth it in my opinion, but many still want to do it) its definitely doable.

The UPX from the airport is easily reachable and takes 25 mins to Union. Its 10-15 mins walk if you dont get too lost to the tower and I gotta believe itll be pretty empty in mid March. Even with waiting for a train it should be max 1h each way... So a 3h round trip.

As mentioned the separate areas at YYZ are locked down. Your chance of getting into different areas where your ticket doesnt allow you access is very low, these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.