Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting through YUL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by seawolf
I'm fairy certain knowledge of French could be preferred but ultimately optional; it's not like CBP is bound by Canadian law requiring service in English and French. They have access to translators if required.
It’s an interesting question. While I couldn’t find details of what constitutes a bilingual position I did find this on the official website:

Bilingual positions require a working knowledge of both official languages. You must be able to speak, read, and write in both English and French at a designated level.

If you get an intermediate level (BBB) in your second language, you will be considered for bilingual positions.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jc94

It’s an interesting question. While I couldn’t find details of what constitutes a bilingual position I did find this on the official website:

You seem to have quoted the language requirement for bilingual CBSA positions. The CBP isn't bound by Canadian standards even while operating on Canadian soil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.