Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Yvr itd oss

Yvr itd oss

Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Yvr itd oss

Good.....
- I dont need to retrieve my international/US checked baggage and dump it to domestic again

Bad......
- Upon arrival to CBSA, ITD are encouraged to head to right computers (regular customs declaration machines), while NEXUS/IRIS machines are to the left
- Connection to Domestic walkway (the hamster tube as I nicknamed) now feeds to landside domestic departures (across from the Vancouver Aquarium Store). This used to have dedicated security screening and feeds to domestic airside

Outright weird
- Asked to hold/carry these yellow laminated "connection cards" that easily gets misplaced, nobody cared and doesnt do anything useful (they still have to scan my boarding pass)
- This thread title, why does FT label it every in lower caps after Y???? Should be "YVR ITD OSS" cause its acronyms

What are your experience on this?!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
- This thread title, why does FT label it every in lower caps after Y???? Should be "YVR ITD OSS" cause its acronyms
Because thread titles can't be all caps so it automatically converts them to lowercase.

BTW as this thread is about YVR it's been moved to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Pleasantly surprised to find the new YVR OSS bridge open today (no more bus). Very smooth border crossing as a Canadian with Nexus, fully vaxxed, and a negative PCR test. Was jetbridge to domestic lounge in less than 10 minutes and just beat the dreaded 11:30am line!
zrh2yvr and ANA_fan like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG; Marriott Rewards; UA Mileage Plus; Aeroplan
Thatís excellent!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.