Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals meltdown at YYZ tonight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Arrivals meltdown at YYZ tonight

I think this answers "how are those self-serve immigration kiosks working for YYZ"

Massive crowds, despite all terminals appearing to be online.

Security personnel had to stop escalators and send people down in batches. To literally prevent a pile of people at the bottom.

Made it impossible to even get to the empty Nexus terminals in under 20min. Some without nexus said they had gotten there 90 min ago.

Last edited by expert7700; Dec 10, 2017 at 9:57 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I didn't think those new terminals were up yet at T1. Even your picture has the old ones.

Even so, looks like a nightmare. I know in the past when customs gets like this you can flash your nexus card and move through the crowd.

Holiday mess at its finest !
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is a YYZ topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan topic the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I didn't think those new terminals were up yet at T1. Even your picture has the old ones.

Even so, looks like a nightmare. I know in the past when customs gets like this you can flash your nexus card and move through the crowd.

Holiday mess at its finest !
thx, hadn't realized difference between new and old.

I did get thru by waving Nexus. The usual, 1 minute walk thru took 20min because of crowd control upstairs. Some were deterred by authorities who said 'this IS the Nexus line. It wasn't.

Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Wow, I’ve seen it busy but only once you get thru those into the main area. I have the say the kiosks
are at best confusing. It’s just a random selection and virtually impossible to see which are free and invariably a number are broken.

Must be all the snow.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
That looks like YYC last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.