Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR Turnaround times?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

YVR Turnaround times?

I have a flight to YVR from SFO which lands at 1820hrs on UA.
Is it possible to catch a UA flight to SEA at 2000 hrs on a different ticket?
The connection time is quite tight I think.

Do I need to go out through immigration and back in again?
Is there a way to stay airside?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
I have a flight to YVR from SFO which lands at 1820hrs on UA.
Is it possible to catch a UA flight to SEA at 2000 hrs on a different ticket?
The connection time is quite tight I think.

Do I need to go out through immigration and back in again?
Is there a way to stay airside?

Thanks!
That route is notorious for delays, I wouldn't risk it. Checked luggage could be a major problem.

If it's all UA why not just fly direct? You are virtually flying over SEA to get to YVR!

Other considerations, non NA passport, class of service (back of Y = long delay getting out), mobility and willingness of pax to run, status with UA.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

The SFO-YVR flight is already scheduled and paid for, the last leg of a long trip.
I could drop that leg and just get a cheap SFO-SEA flight but that might cause the airline(ANA) to charge me extra for missing a flight(?) and get no miles?

I dont plan on checking bags, just a carryon.

UA/AC flight is because that is the last flight of the day out from YVR to SEA.
AS only has earlier flights.

ya the connection is really tight...maybe i should just layover in YVR for one night.

Originally Posted by jc94
That route is notorious for delays, I wouldn't risk it. Checked luggage could be a major problem.

If it's all UA why not just fly direct? You are virtually flying over SEA to get to YVR!

Other considerations, non NA passport, class of service (back of Y = long delay getting out), mobility and willingness of pax to run, status with UA.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Thanks for the info!

The SFO-YVR flight is already scheduled and paid for, the last leg of a long trip.
I could drop that leg and just get a cheap SFO-SEA flight but that might cause the airline(ANA) to charge me extra for missing a flight(?) and get no miles?

I dont plan on checking bags, just a carryon.

UA/AC flight is because that is the last flight of the day out from YVR to SEA.
AS only has earlier flights.

ya the connection is really tight...maybe i should just layover in YVR for one night.
I'm really no expert on short stopping flights, other than to say how exactly are they going to charge you? The normal approach is to prevent people short checking luggage but clearly that's not an issue here.
If concerned, and I can see why you could be (unless other experts can chime in) you could call ANA and ask if you can cancel that leg ... if it's part of a long trip I can't see that being a major issue, if it's not a major intl. leg that could have had a major impact they could even refund you $xx (then charge you $xx+200 for the change )

Personally, if ticket amendment isn't possible I'd find the cheapest accommodation (is Airbnb legal in YVR?) I could and overnight to reduce stress here. Not stayed in YVR recently, I know it's expensive but I've managed to get extremely cheap places in major cities before if you're not too concerned about the general ambiance of the area (that is, the people picking me up said don't go for a walk!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.