Wiki Posts
Search

Flying from Toronto to Orlando connecting in Ottawa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplane
Flying from Toronto to Orlando connecting in Ottawa

Fly to Orlando from Toronto with connecting flight in Ottawa, where do I clear US custom ? We have less than an hour in Ottawa, worry with the new additional security, we may not make the connection flight.

Do anyone know if I will be clear custom in Ottawa or Orlando.

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by gutterballgt
Fly to Orlando from Toronto with connecting flight in Ottawa, where do I clear US custom ? We have less than an hour in Ottawa, worry with the new additional security, we may not make the connection flight.
Hard to tell the way you word it, but you will clear US Immigration in the last Canadian airport before you enter US.

Link.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gutterballgt

Do anyone know if I will be clear custom in Ottawa or Orlando.

Thanks
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

You will clear US Immigration and Customs in Ottawa. Unless your YOW-MCO flight is between 6 am and 7:30 am, one hour is enough time. The fact that the airline is willing to sell you the ticket (assuming this is one single reservation) is a good indication that this is a legal connection.
--
13F
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

You will clear US Immigration and Customs in Ottawa. Unless your YOW-MCO flight is between 6 am and 7:30 am, one hour is enough time. The fact that the airline is willing to sell you the ticket (assuming this is one single reservation) is a good indication that this is a legal connection.
--
13F
Agreed. A one hour cnx. in YOW is a breeze. Forget about going to the ML lounge i.e. have your brekkie in Toronto.

ps Nice to see the YOW-MCO non stop getting some love. Hate to see this one go Rouge!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
All the politicians need to take their children somewhere, don't they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.