Reload this Page >

Using Nexus Security Line In Toronto With Global Entry

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:27 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

I'm booked on United roundtrip LAX-YYZ. I'm reading that there is a Nexus/Global Entry security line at the trans border area of the airport. Will I need to have my Global Entry card on me to access this security line? When going through customs and Immigrations, I don't need the card since all the information is tied to my passport so 99% of the time I never need to cary the card. Will I need it in Canada?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:22 am
B1

Originally Posted by seat38a
I'm booked on United roundtrip LAX-YYZ. I'm reading that there is a Nexus/Global Entry security line at the trans border area of the airport. Will I need to have my Global Entry card on me to access this security line? When going through customs and Immigrations, I don't need the card since all the information is tied to my passport so 99% of the time I never need to cary the card. Will I need it in Canada?
No.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Yes you will need your card to enter the Nexus line when going through trans-border security only, this will only move you to the trusted traveler line.

You card is not needed for anything else
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by aidy
Yes you will need your card to enter the Nexus line when going through trans-border security only, this will only move you to the trusted traveler line.

You card is not needed for anything else
Thanks for the reply!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:07 pm
B1

I have Global Entry but no card and have never been asked for the card. I also have Nexus and have never been asked for it at the security line. I present it to machines for customs/immigration. At the land border, Nexus is the only acceptable card and it has to be read and presented. Your passport has the information for Global Entry and that is what is checked if that's what you want to present.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.