Search

Issue with eTA Application

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Issue with eTA Application

Hello

I'm a British Citizen and applied for my eTA without any issues.

My Wife is a Taiwanese Citizen, and after applying for hers I received an email stating it will take up to 72 hours for a decision. Around 24 hours later I used the check status website and it kept saying that no records existed for that information. Of course I double checked everything and still no joy.

I then assumed that I had entered her passport info incorrectly during the application. So, i've just applied again for her, double checking that everything is correct, and again i've received the email stating 72 hours. However, again when i go to check status its not coming up with any results.

I now have two applications for the same passport in the system and neither are showing up when I attempt to search for them.

I cant seem to find a phone number to speak to someone, any ideas what I should do now?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Don't stress. The original 15-March start date for mandatory eTA has been delayed by six months.
--
13F
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I am in the same boat as the OP.
I have attempted to apply for the ETA three times.
Credit card charge goes through. No email confirmation, no ETA approval, no way to follow up.

I know of the "leniency period" being granted for ETA applications.

My question is - do the airlines know this too?
The last thing I would want is to show up at the airport and find out that an ETA is required!

My corporate travel agent tells me not to worry.
My instinct tells me the airline check in agents are not to be trusted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.