Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Through Montreal Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Connecting Through Montreal Question

Please refresh my memory...

We are flying Halifax, Montreal, Fort Lauderdale. We will clear US customs in Montreal but do we need to go through regular security screening again as well? Just curious as to whether I will need to ditch my water bottle or not.

Travelling over March Break and don't want to slow things down.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:26 am

Yes, you will go through another screening.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stoddaj1
Please refresh my memory...

We are flying Halifax, Montreal, Fort Lauderdale. We will clear US customs in Montreal but do we need to go through regular security screening again as well? Just curious as to whether I will need to ditch my water bottle or not.

Travelling over March Break and don't want to slow things down.
We also have Nexus if that makes a difference.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:27 am

Traveled from Ottawa to Montreal to Las Vegas earlier this month.
US security/customs in Montreal was awful. Huge line, one security station, nexus line only after security. Took over an hour.
Would have been better off avoiding the "connecting passenger" line.

Hate going through Toronto but they do do this much better.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
NEXUS @ YUL & checked luggage

We also have Nexus if that makes a difference.
Good luck with NEXUS in YUL. I have been twice this year, and the "dedicated" NEXUS lines were not open either time. Notified CATSA and their response offered a workaround:

We understand that on the day in question, the Trusted Traveller CATSA Security Line was closed. Unfortunately, it is not always feasible for CATSA to have this line open. CATSA meets regularly with airport and airline representatives to discuss information such as the number of flights scheduled and upcoming events at the airport. Using this information and historical data, CATSA calculates how many lines should be open. Nonetheless, as a NEXUS cardholder, should this line not be open, please present yourself to the screening officer at the front of the line and show your NEXUS card to be given priority.

Also, on my flight MIA-YUL, I waited over 30 minutes for checked luggage to arrive (with Priority tags). YUL had 6 transborder flights arriving on a single belt. Crowding?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Good luck with NEXUS in YUL. I have been twice this year, and the "dedicated" NEXUS lines were not open either time. Notified CATSA and their response offered a workaround:

We understand that on the day in question, the Trusted Traveller CATSA Security Line was closed. Unfortunately, it is not always feasible for CATSA to have this line open. CATSA meets regularly with airport and airline representatives to discuss information such as the number of flights scheduled and upcoming events at the airport. Using this information and historical data, CATSA calculates how many lines should be open. Nonetheless, as a NEXUS cardholder, should this line not be open, please present yourself to the screening officer at the front of the line and show your NEXUS card to be given priority.

Also, on my flight MIA-YUL, I waited over 30 minutes for checked luggage to arrive (with Priority tags). YUL had 6 transborder flights arriving on a single belt. Crowding?
Hmmm, well that doesn't sound promising. Hopefully Nexus will be open for Spring Break travellers.

I don't quite understand this portion...
"Nonetheless, as a NEXUS cardholder, should this line not be open, please present yourself to the screening officer at the front of the line and show your NEXUS card to be given priority."

Does this mean we skip to the front of the line or just show the card when we get there. Doesn't seem very beneficial if it is the latter.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Does this mean we skip to the front of the line or just show the card when we get there. Doesn't seem very beneficial if it is the latter.
Yes. Never had to do it at YUL, but I have at IAH when Global Entry kiosks were down.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.