Wiki Posts
Search

New CIBC presence at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question New CIBC presence at YYZ

Outside the int'l MLL lounge @ Pearson today, I see a CIBC foreign exchange desk. It seems to be part and parcel of a renewed CIBC presence at Pearson, which includes "free" luggage carts c/w CIBC logo.

So I walked up and got a very competitive exchange rate quote for Singapore dollars, simply by showing my CIBC Aerogold VISA card. I don't normally buy my foreign exchange at the airport but this development may change that.

Very surprised to see this has not been reported yet on FT, as (according to the staff) they have been there for a couple of months.

Anyone else try this service?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:21 pm

No, but thanks for letting us know

it's nice to have free carts at yyz
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:14 pm

Is there a CIBC ATM as well
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Yes, I recall seeing one........

An interesting question! Is one even needed when I paid for my SGD $ with my debit card?

I am still looking for ATM's which dispense US cash from my US $ account? That would be useful! I am told that RBC has one in YYC, but I have not seen it.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I am still looking for ATM's which dispense US cash from my US $ account? That would be useful! I am told that RBC has one in YYC, but I have not seen it.
CIBC has many ATM's that dispense US$ all over the country - including the ones at YYZ. You can do a search on the CIBC website (https://www.cibc.com/ca/redirect/locator.html) and select the option to search for machines with US$ withdrawals.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
They also have a fairly sized Aventura seating area at one of the gates that feels more like a lounge at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.