Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ glorious customs hall on Friday evening

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, HH*G
YYZ glorious customs hall on Friday evening

Was the massive mess at the Canadian Customers hall in YYZ T1 on Friday evening purely due to catching up backlog of arriving flights due to Thursday's snow storm? Or was there a computer outage or something.

* Snake lines at the top of the escalators leading into the hall.
* 35 minute queue wait for the Nexus machines once in the hall.
* 2 of 4 Nexus machines inop and the remaining two functioning poorly (new software)
* BAGS WAITING FOR ME AT CAROUSEL! YAA HOO! First time for everything
* 25 minutes queue wait to exit the baggage hall
* Connecting Passengers security line lining yup in the vestibule at the exit of the customs hall

Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:41 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
On the checkin side, the electronic passport swipes were not working so agents were entering all the info manually.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by hoob
Was the massive mess at the Canadian Customers hall in YYZ T1 on Friday evening purely due to catching up backlog of arriving flights due to Thursday's snow storm? Or was there a computer outage or something.

* Snake lines at the top of the escalators leading into the hall.
* 35 minute queue wait for the Nexus machines once in the hall.
* 2 of 4 Nexus machines inop and the remaining two functioning poorly (new software)
* BAGS WAITING FOR ME AT CAROUSEL! YAA HOO! First time for everything
* 25 minutes queue wait to exit the baggage hall
* Connecting Passengers security line lining yup in the vestibule at the exit of the customs hall

the nexus machines haven't been working right for weeks. Also there is consistent understaffing with lanes left unstaffed when there are large queues. The Peace Bridge has reached crisis proportions with lines of cars backed up into Buffalo trying to get back to Canada after Buffalo Bills games with several lanes left closed and unstaffed at Canadian immigration. Its not like it is some surprise when a Buffalo Bills game is held - nor when the evening peak takes place at Pearson.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hoob
I came through at 8:30 pm and there were no queues for desks now for Nexus machines. But I did see a huge queue at the AC desk in the domestic area, blocking the corridor towards gate D20. There must have been lots of misconnections.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.