Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Gate question for Pearson Experts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
YYZ Gate question for Pearson Experts

Excluding the U.S. gates, can any security entrance be used to get from checkin to E gates or D gates? I flew on COPA in August and was shuttled to this minuscule security checkpoint where 98% of people were on Sunwing or similar and the CATSA clods were putting non Nexus through Nexus in the whole two open lines.

I recall on my AC departures the gates are more plentiful and they honour Nexus. If one were to use those for a E flight can you get to E from what I guess must be D gates?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I recall on my AC departures the gates are more plentiful and they honour Nexus. If one were to use those for a E flight can you get to E from what I guess must be D gates?
It is possible to walk to the E gate departure hall from the D gate terminal, just walk up the stairs/escalator next to the customer service counter which is located between gates 120 & 131.

That being said, I am not sure if the security checkpoint personnel will let you use the D gate security checkpoint if you have a E gate departure boarding pass.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Excluding the U.S. gates, can any security entrance be used to get from checkin to E gates or D gates? I flew on COPA in August and was shuttled to this minuscule security checkpoint where 98% of people were on Sunwing or similar and the CATSA clods were putting non Nexus through Nexus in the whole two open lines.

Side note: Welcome to the uselessness of NEXUS and CATSA. They love to put non-NEXUS through NEXUS lines.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
I believe they will - if you tell them you want to visit a friend in the lounge - etc. - Then you can go to the transfer area - ad mentioned above - between gates D120 and 131
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Wink

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Side note: Welcome to the uselessness of NEXUS and CATSA. They love to put non-NEXUS through NEXUS lines.
^^^^^^
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
This trip I told them I had NEXUS , which was closed, so they took me to the front of the line and I went through next, passing maybe 50 vacation travel package passengers. That was better than when NEXUS was open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.