Wiki Posts
Search

Cave of the Winds vs Journey Behind the Falls

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Cave of the Winds vs Journey Behind the Falls

Anyone been to both?

Which one do you prefer and which one do you think is more worthwhile?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I've done both. They are just different.

Cave of the winds is on the American side and you will get wet.

Journey Behind the Falls is on the Canadian side and you can stay dry.

It really depends on which side of the border you will be on. You get better views of the falls from the Canadian side. The American side is a really nice State Park.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:12 am
B1

Both are seeing the falls from the backside, which is not what I would want to see. Consider some alternatives or additions: On the US side go to Goat Island (where you pay to enter the Cave of the Winds) then take the footbridge to Luna Island and you can stare right down the Bridal Veil Falls. On the Canadian side, after you see the falls from above, consider a ride on the Maid of the Mist to see the falls up close. My favorite is to go to the stairs opposite the Whirlpool Golf Course and walk down the Niagara Glen paths to the whirlpool. The glen is a beautiful area with trails through a forest that doesn't exist elsewhere in the area and whirlpool is amazing up close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.