Wiki Posts
Search

Cost of airport parking at YSB Sudbury, Ontario

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Cost of airport parking at YSB Sudbury, Ontario

Another poster's comment re parking caused us to look at our own nearest airport, which in reality is some two hours drive from home - and absolutely no bus option.

We like to travel a lot, and while YSB would be much more convenient (a 2.5 hour drive compared with 6+ hours to YYZ!) the parking cost at YSB for a lengthy trip becomes unnecessarily expensive.

YSB Sudbury Parking Fees

2014 YSB Sudbury Main Lot Fees
Each Hour $2.00
Daily Maximum (24 hours) $12.50
Weekly Maximum (7 days) $50.00

There is no monthly maximum as in London, Ontario where it is $100.

Most travellers from Northern Ontario drive to Toronto where they stay at one of many hotels offering "park'n'fly" rates before (and sometimes after) a trip and park free for the duration.

Is this just Sudbury pricing leisure travellers out of contention or are all regional airports in Ontario doing this?

Adding the YSB-YYZ airfares partially offsets the Toronto hotel stays bur parking up here in the north is grossly overpriced!

I don't think we'll ever use YSB again - certainly not for this Fall's 33 day trip. YSB parking would likely cost $250!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: ACAlt,SPG,MR
Not to question you personally but wouldn't the drive(fuel/time) and the cost of the hotel (at least $100) be far more expensive than just parking in Sudbury?

I suppose there is some addt'l cost of the connection flight.

I hate driving so I am probably biased. But the $50/week seems extremely reasonable compared to the $28/day at YYZ for comparable parking. (I am aware there is cheaper - just comparing parking at the terminal).

I do find it interesting how willing my colleagues up north are to spend hours on the road. It's obviously different than sitting in the 401!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Why not drive 1 hour extra and fly out of BUF, where parking is just $7/day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.