Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can YVR U.S. preclearance process landing immigrants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP

Someone asked me this question and I don't know the answer. Passenger arriving at YVR from overseas and connecting to a flight to the U.S. - with a valid U.S. immigrant visa, basically as a landing U.S. immigrant. Can YVR U.S. preclearance facility process the I-551 application, take fingerprints, and put the I-551 stamp onto the passport?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by g46r
Someone asked me this question and I don't know the answer. Passenger arriving at YVR from overseas and connecting to a flight to the U.S. - with a valid U.S. immigrant visa, basically as a landing U.S. immigrant. Can YVR U.S. preclearance facility process the I-551 application, take fingerprints, and put the I-551 stamp onto the passport?
They can do anything that any other US Border crossing can do.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:15 am

Programs: CX Gold,DL Gold, AC E, Fairmont Platinum, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
I would advise against it, as they may not consider it US soil per se -a technicality of course- which I believe could be a hard requirement for landing.

Why not drive down 99 to Pac Hwy or Peach Arch instead?

At any rate, you may want to contact CBP in Blaine, WA during business hours at (360) 332-5771. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
If they have a flight to the US can certainly be done. Would only see as pottential issue if not planning to travel that day. They will need a long connection or should hopefully be a later flight if they gert held up. Unfortunately once you start process is difficult to communicate with airline as cell phones not allowed.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by CZBB
They can do anything that any other US Border crossing can do.
Incorrect. They told me very clearly that they do not do imports of commercial goods when I once travelled through there carrying tools and equipment. The let it slide, but advised me to ship the things the next time.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69
Incorrect. They told me very clearly that they do not do imports of commercial goods when I once travelled through there carrying tools and equipment. The let it slide, but advised me to ship the things the next time.
Is this limitation documented?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 3:14 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by g46r
They can in YYZ, you get sent to the secondary screening room where process is done, should be same for YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.