Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Halifax looses connection to DC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Halifax looses connection to DC

Come fall, Halifax will no longer have a direct connection to Washington DC. United is scrapping the route.

This will leave HFX with just five daily direct round the year connections to the US, if the info on the airport's website is correct & complete: Boston, Chicago, Detroit, NY (JFK & EWR) and Philadelphia. (But I'm not sure that this info is up to date.)

During winter, there are direct connections to a few Florida airports listed, and for Saturdays during summer the airport's website also knows of a direct connection to Atlanta (which I can't find in the Delta timetable. ITA Matrix s.

Would anyone here know the background of this Delta flight during summer? It seems a bit odd to me. Are they flying tourists to Nova Scotia?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it did not make sense for CO/UA to offer service to Halifax from both their east coast hubs.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by nerd
I guess it did not make sense for CO/UA to offer service to Halifax from both their east coast hubs.
Agreed. WAS-YHZ is on the "long and thin" side. CO/UA has multiple daily flights to EWR.

US Airways, I believe, flies YHZ-DCA during the summer, but possibly on weekends only.

Overall I think YHZ is actually fairly well served in terms of flights to/from the US.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Whilst the connetion is no longer int GDS time tables and you can't book direct flights on united.com or after Aug 29, the YHZ airport seems not to be aware of the loss of the route yet (according to a tweet I received from them).

I would have thought that there is communication on such matters between airlines and airports beforehand.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
DL dropped YHZ/DTW; they're only doing JFK now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.