Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Immigration Processing at Toronto City Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Flying Porter up to Toronto on Thursday. Does anyone know if Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport has a US Immigration/Customs facility for the return flight, or do we clear at Newark?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
No US CBP preclearance at YTZ... You'll have to clear federal inspections upon arrival into EWR.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:11 pm

Also, as always you will have to clear CBSA upon arrival into Canada.. Keep in mind that YTZ is a small airport, so you might have to wait a bit longer than you would at YYZ.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by alexb133
Also, as always you will have to clear CBSA upon arrival into Canada.. Keep in mind that YTZ is a small airport, so you might have to wait a bit longer than you would at YYZ.
The CBSA post at YTZ has always been well staffed any time I've come through there, I can't think of a single time the total time spent clearing Canadian formalities at YTZ has taken as long as it takes just to walk from the plane to the customs hall at YYZ.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bytepusher
The CBSA post at YTZ has always been well staffed any time I've come through there, I can't think of a single time the total time spent clearing Canadian formalities at YTZ has taken as long as it takes just to walk from the plane to the customs hall at YYZ.
You are right about the loooong walk from the plane to customs at YYZ..
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Work Permit

To obtain a work permit in the past I've gone through YYZ and waited in immigration while paperwork was processed.

I have to apply for a new work permit. Can I do this at Toronto City Airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.