Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good seats at Dodger Stadium

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Good seats at Dodger Stadium

Any recommendations on good value seats at Dodger's stadium? I'm taking my family of 4 there for a night game in mid-August. There's lots of availability, but I'm debating whether the $45/seat tix are worth the premium over the $23/seat tix that, according to the seatmap, aren't that far apart.

Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 9:04 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Can you give us more specifics on the seat locations?

Originally Posted by 767-322ETOPS
Any recommendations on good value seats at Dodger's stadium? I'm taking my family of 4 there for a night game in mid-August. There's lots of availability, but I'm debating whether the $45/seat tix are worth the premium over the $23/seat tix that, according to the seatmap, aren't that far apart.

Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My info is a little dated (late 80's-early 90s -- the ticket prices sound like they have increased dramatically!) --

Option 1: Outfield bleachers. They used to be $5. On the plus side, they didn't used to sell beer in that section, so you could bring kids without worrying about someone getting drunk and doing stupid stuff. You walk right past the bullpen with a close-up of the relief pitchers. You might even catch a homerun ball. Negative -- see below.

Option 2: Main stadium. The top deck used to cost the same as the bleachers with the added feature of beer sales, if that's important to you. There is an entrance right behind homeplate that takes you right up to the top level without having to climb a lot of stairs (The "Ravine" location helps.). Also, any ticket to the main stadium (outfield bleachers excluded) gets you access to the press level on which there are several cafeterias that offer a variety of food. When I was stationed out there, our office secretary lived in Glendale and was a die-hard fan. She told me about the cafeterias. You need to get there very early. You can look down on the field and watch batting practice.

Parking tip: We used to park way out in the hinterlands beyond right field. There was a small lot across from the gas station that held no more than about 100 cars. Although you buy into a longer walk, all you have to do is make two right turns, follow everybody else through the adjacent neighborhood, and you're back on the Harbor Fwy while most other people who parked closer to the ballpark are stuck in parking lot gridlock.

It really is true -- Most people don't arrive until the 3-4th inning and start leaving around the 7th. Lots of people who move to Southern California retain their former hometeam loyalties. For big-city teams (Mets, Cubs, etc), the cheering is sometimes louder for the visitors than for the Dodgers.

Enjoy!
Old Jul 9, 2004, 1:31 pm

Check out GoldStarevents.com. They often offer 1/2 price tickets to Dodgers games.
Old Jul 10, 2004, 9:32 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I often sit in the right field (yellow, field level) seats, around the foul pole (Aisle 46-52). I like these seats over the cheaper bleachers in the outfield as you can see the arc of fly balls judge how deep they are.

The parking lot by the 76 station is a good tip and convenient to those sitting in the bleachers and field level seats. It's closest to right field.

And yes, while some fans start packing and leaving early, if the Dodgers are ahead in the 8th, many will now stay to watch Eric Gagne pitch.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Can you give us more specifics on the seat locations?
Option 1: Middle Field I, Aisle 38, Row Z, @$45 each
Option 2: Middle Field II, Aisle 46, Row N, @$37 each
Option 3: Outer Field, Aisle 48, Row K, @$23 each

The Middle Field I seats are lined up with first of third base, Middle Field II are a little further down the line, and Outer Field further still.

Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 8:31 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Personally I would go with the $23 seats. They are literally next to the $37 ones, and are good values for the sight lines you will have.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NA...ng_pricing.jsp
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:56 am

The Middle Field I seats are lined up with first of third base, Middle Field II are a little further down the line, and Outer Field further still.

Thanks.
My normal seats are very near Option 3. They are pefectly fine - you get good views of the right fielder, who is about level with you and all of the plays at first base.

On the field level, there is an overhang from the upper decks that impacts Rows R (I think) and back.

Oh, one thing - if this is a day game, wear shorts and light colored clothing, because this is the SUNNY side of the stadium.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
My normal seats are very near Option 3. They are pefectly fine - you get good views of the right fielder, who is about level with you and all of the plays at first base.
Thanks for the input - I just bought Option 3 for the Aug 16th game vs. Florida (it's a night game, too). I'm really looking forward to my first game at Dodger Stadium.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the input - I just bought Option 3 for the Aug 16th game vs. Florida (it's a night game, too). I'm really looking forward to my first game at Dodger Stadium.
I'll be salmon fishing in Canada that week, so I'll miss that game. Too bad, would have enjoyed meeting a fellow FTer. Don't forget the great advice of the parking lot by the 76 station (parking is $10 by the way).

Also, if you are going to get a hot dog, don't go to the stand that is closest to Aisle 48, heard toward home plate a bit and go to the next stand (if you hit Carl's Jr., you've gone too far). That stand serves grilled Dodger Dogs; the one by Aisle 48 is steamed/boiled. The gourmet stuff (Jody Maroni's, Gordon Biersch) is behind home plate.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 7:12 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
I don't know what the "top deck" seats sell for but they used to be a good deal at about $6. However that was over a decade ago. Players salaries and ticket prices are so obscene that I don't think it is worth it anymore. I used to go to Dodger and Angel games and Reserved View Level seats would cost $2.50, Field Level $3.50 (Dodger game) or $4.00 (Angel game) and parking 50 cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.