Shower at LAX

Old Dec 1, 03, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Shower at LAX

With the demise of 'Arrivals by United' are there any airport hotels offering rooms by the hour for a place to change and have a shower ?
The Red Carpet Room just doesn't cut it.

Last edited by Aspen; Oct 31, 05 at 9:18 pm Reason: spelling correction
Old Dec 18, 03, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
Welcome to FlyerTalk! I'm moving your thread to the Los Angeles forum for greater visibility.
Old Apr 20, 04, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A bump...I'm looking for the same thing. I'll be coming in from SYD, and have a lengthy (but desired) 4 hour layover. It'd be great to take a shower in that time.
Old Oct 19, 04, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Life time Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Bump

I will be in a similar situation and any info is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 19, 04, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
One suggestion is using Priceline or another such site to obtain a cheap ($30-$50 USD) hotel room.
Old Dec 1, 04, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Platinum
Thumbs up Shower at LAX...yes, at American

Sadly, this is one of the reasons I switched to American as my first carrier. I was 1K on United and travelled internationally quite often - especially to South America and Europe. When United pulled out of Santiago....I moved to American. American's terminal at LAX has delightful showers and you can get a daily visit pass for a fee if you are not a member. As I commute a ways to the airport and sometimes have evening flights..I utilize the showers before I leave as well as on my return if I haven't picked one up in Dallas or Miami.
Old Aug 16, 05, 11:41 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by kg_simi
Sadly, this is one of the reasons I switched to American as my first carrier. I was 1K on United and travelled internationally quite often - especially to South America and Europe. When United pulled out of Santiago....I moved to American. American's terminal at LAX has delightful showers and you can get a daily visit pass for a fee if you are not a member. As I commute a ways to the airport and sometimes have evening flights..I utilize the showers before I leave as well as on my return if I haven't picked one up in Dallas or Miami.

Can anyone provide more information about this? I am looking at a lengthy layover at LAX in the wee hours of the morning and this would be really nice.
Old Aug 18, 05, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Life time Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
Can anyone provide more information about this? I am looking at a lengthy layover at LAX in the wee hours of the morning and this would be really nice.

I think the other person is referring to Admirals Club at LAX. I am a member for AC, but sometimes I fly other airlines for domestic travel and in those situations I can not use AC. If you are planning to join AC, one time pass is about USD 50 and one year membership is USD 350. ( I think for EXP it is only 300)

Prasad
Old Oct 31, 05, 8:58 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
Some hotels in LAX area might offer day rate which allow you to check in and stay in the hotel for a couple hours (8am-5pm).

Search this Thread