Wiki Posts
Search

SAN PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
SAN PreCheck

I flew home out of SAN last week, midmorning, and precheck was closed. A TSA agent said it was due to lack of staff. Had to remove laptop, tablet, and liquids bag but could keep shoes on.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
The "mini-terminal" at T1 (gates 1/2/2A) has "Fake Pre-Check" more-often than not, even before this dumpster-fire year.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
How early do I need to arrive at SAN for an early afternoon Thursday flight on WN flt. to SJC? I've got pre-check. 90 minutes enough?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I used to do that all the time. If you're lucky enough to not get gates 1-2A (which usually only have Fake Pre-Check) 35-40 minutes tops, otherwise 45.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I used to do that all the time. If you're lucky enough to not get gates 1-2A (which usually only have Fake Pre-Check) 35-40 minutes tops, otherwise 45.
All of today's flights left from gates 4 or higher. But we all know that can change daily.

Congrats on not having to commute anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.