Wiki Posts
Search

Regional Airline offers airport $1m

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA
Regional Airline offers airport $1m

Never saw this before..Contour Airlines is offering the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (CEC) -Curry County, OR and Del Norte County CA, a $1m dollars if the airport enplanes 10,000 passengers this year. I've seen the big boys invest in large airports, but a regional in a really small airport?

But one of the biggest surprises of the afternoon came from Contour CEO Matt Chaifetz.

Beginning May 15, Contour will add four more flights per week without using federal Alternate Essential Air Service (EAS) dollars, Chaifetz said.

If the number of boarded passengers per year the airline receives from Crescent City grew to 10,000, Contour would grant the Del Norte County Airport $1 million in improvement funds, Chaifetz said.
https://www.triplicate.com/news/6955...e&referrer=top

Apparently the local newspaper misquoted the CEO of Contour, research shows if the airport reaches 10,000 passengers it qualifies for a federal grant..

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 24, 2019 at 10:15 pm Reason: Merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:20 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this is a story about a California airport, let's move it to the California destination forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:14 pm

Hm... maybe they're trying to a finger in the pie of redwood coast tourism?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: M&M FLT
I wonder whether Contour will last very long in the EAS market as they serve some very short range routes (e.g. Phoenix to Page) with planes that have fairly high costs per seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.