Community
Wiki Posts
Search

palm springs to montreal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

palm springs to montreal

Hi there - I'm looking for ideas on routes to get from PSP or elsewhere to YUL airport. I've used the Matrix ITA software and travel/airlines sites and have found the prices are quite expensive or extreme early departure or late arrival times. I'm travelling with a child and hoped to avoid the red-eye. Our trip is during the holidays, which might just mean I have no choice but to pay the inflated prices but thought I would check if anyone else has any ideas I may have not considered. My ideal travel date is Dec 30 +/- 2 days. Thanks for your time!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Can you get over to Ontario for the flight? It looks like flights from there are somewhat cheaper.

As for early departure or late arrival, you are going to have one or the other. Travel time is 8-10+ hours and you will cross a couple of time zones.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bear in mind that Dec 30 or thereabouts is total peak season for the airlines, so there are unlikely to be bargains. If you have points, it would be a good time to consider using them.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wonja
Hi there - I'm looking for ideas on routes to get from PSP or elsewhere to YUL airport. I've used the Matrix ITA software and travel/airlines sites and have found the prices are quite expensive or extreme early departure or late arrival times. I'm travelling with a child and hoped to avoid the red-eye. Our trip is during the holidays, which might just mean I have no choice but to pay the inflated prices but thought I would check if anyone else has any ideas I may have not considered. My ideal travel date is Dec 30 +/- 2 days. Thanks for your time!
What's the lowest fare you have found so far? For travel on 12/28 or 12/31, Delta is offering a one-way fare from PSP to YUL of $361 USD per person. Afternoon departure, late evening arrival.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot everyone - the best price I found was around $450CAD. I'm considering driving to Phoenix since it seems to be a reasonable drive despite the distance, and from PHX I can get something direct. I'm too intimidated by the highway to LAX or further west, so that might be the best option.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by wonja
Thanks a lot everyone - the best price I found was around $450CAD. I'm considering driving to Phoenix since it seems to be a reasonable drive despite the distance, and from PHX I can get something direct. I'm too intimidated by the highway to LAX or further west, so that might be the best option.
PHX is a lot further away than ONT or other LA area airports.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:44 pm

It's also worth noting that, relatively speaking, ONT is on the outskirts of "LA", so if you're intimidated by Los Angeles traffic, it would be a better option than LAX. From Palm Springs, you just take I-10 west and exit at Archibald Ave and you're right there at the airport.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Agree, no LA type traffic in ONT (city, not province ).

Is there a non-stop from PHX? Sort of doubt it, but if so that may be (likely expensive) option due to "nonstop premium."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.