Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

One-Way Exotic Car Rental from LAX to Oakland?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-Way Exotic Car Rental from LAX to Oakland?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Question One-Way Exotic Car Rental from LAX to Oakland?

So I'll be doing the stereotypical driving down PCH this weekend (yay!) and I'll be starting from LAX and working my way to OAK to visit family.

https://goo.gl/maps/jJNzkhFwHsj

Now, I have a pending reservation with Budget for a 'sports car' (Mustang GT, Challenger, or Camaro SS).

I was getting ready for Sixt and a Jaguar F-Type rental but it was unfortunately unavailable.

Is there a place that does one-way exotic car rentals? Maybe a Corvette? The key is 'one-way', which is hard. I called Hertz and they won't do one-ways on their Porsche Panamera or 911.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by flipstah
So I'll be doing the stereotypical driving down PCH this weekend ... from LAX ... to OAK ...
Up. You'll be driving up the PCH from LA.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Agreed. Up.

You might have better luck returning to SFO, OP. Take BART to Oaksterdam.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the bump, peeps!

I will be returning the vehicle in SFO as that's my flight home.

But so far, no one has contacted me back regarding an LAX -> SFO one-way exotic ride.

C'mon, Enterprise! SAY SOMETHING, I'M GIVING UP ON YOU
Old May 17, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'd be surprised if you find anyone willing to rent an exotic one-way. A special car represents a special opportunity for the station that has it in its fleet. If they send that car off on a one-way rental they'll basically never see it again. Why would they want to do that? You might be better off taking a positioning flight so you can pick up and return the car at the same station.

Alternatively, consider driving the central coast in something not exotic. Are you familiar with the saying, "It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"? Well, the central coast is mostly slow driving, thanks to road conditions, traffic, construction, driveways, etc. Drive it in a fast car and you'll be frustrated at how rarely you can drive fast. It's not the autobahn. Rent a classy, comfortable everyday car and enjoy the scenery.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Point taken. There's an incentive to do round-trip and isolate that fleet to a centralized location.

I thought there'd be an inkling, but looks like I'll be doing the trip on a Camaro SS, Mustang GT, or a Challenger.

Hope I don't get the Challenger lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.