Airline clubs at SMF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline clubs at SMF?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Airline clubs at SMF?

Hi All,

Flying into Sacramento for the first time in my life this week. I just spent an hour doing Google searches on whether there are any airline clubs at SMF (I'm flying DL but also belong to AA Admirals Club), but turned up nada.

Also did a half dozen FlyerTalk searches and also found nothing.

Can anyone tell me which alliances (*A, OW, ST) are represented in the airline lounges at SMF? Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
No airline lounges at SMF.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
NOTHING! SMF and OAK - two very frustrating airports from this perspective
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:07 pm

...American is in a separate security area from United (American just moved) and Delta is separate too.

Delta is in the nice new terminal with US Airways and Southwest among others. United, American, and I believe CO are all over in the older part where there is barely a restaurant!

SMF is not designed to accommodate the amount of time a person now spends at the airport due to security. The new terminal does have nice shopping (for an airport) and a food court with Quiznos, Burger King, ToGos, some burrito place, and a California Pizza Kitchen which doubles as the bar. There is free Wifi and a good number of outlets.

...but I wouldn't want to spend more time than I had to at SMF.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:31 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Long ago there was a "secret" * Gold room (like at STL too) at SMF across from the UA gates.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by gj83
...but I wouldn't want to spend more time than I had to at SMF.
That may help explain the surprising number of people who came huffing and wheezing up to Gate A3 just seconds before boarding. I guess folks don't leave a lot of time for hanging around SMF.

Thank you all for the replies. Shortly after my post, I also was on the phone with SMF information. The nice lady said, with a sigh, that there were no clubs in either of the terminals.

The WN/DL terminal is really quite attractive and has that nice bridge to the parking garage. Especially liked the unique carpeting that looked like a Google satellite photo of the Central Valley -- farms, rivers and all.

And the wifi is CRAZY fast. I did a SpeedTest.net on my iPod and it showed 9.14 megabits/sec download and 4.5 mbs upload.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Still NO airport lounges in Sacramento??

Really?? Not even one airport lounge in Sacramento? Wow. Even all these years later.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:58 pm

Yeah, its pretty embarrassing. Even OAK has a lounge now and RNO is getting one shortly.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Yeah, its pretty embarrassing. Even OAK has a lounge now and RNO is getting one shortly.
Sacramento should have a shared airline lounge sometime late 2018/early 2019. At the OAK Escape Lounge on Friday, it sounded like its operator is in the running to run the lounge.

From a historical note, it looks like Western Airlines (acquired by Delta before my time) operated a lounge at SMF at one point. Wonder where it was, and if it became a Delta Club.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The terminal WAL used has been demolished.

In the meantime, new lounges are planned for both Sacramento International Airport terminals.

“Terminal A’s lounge is expected to be up to 2,151 square feet, while Terminal B’s will max out at 1,397 square feet.

Each lounge will be beyond the terminals’ Transportation Security Administration checkpoints in areas currently partially occupied by businesses with leases expiring in November 2018 or January 2019, according to a request for proposals issued Thursday.”

Bids were due 1 June 2018. To my knowledge, no announcement has been made.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/tr...#storylink=cpy
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: HH, Asiana club, Elevated, Skymiles, Fairmont President's Club
Escape lounges @SMF

Escape Lounge is coming to SMF sometime late spring, they will open 2 new lounges, one in each terminal, opening date still TBD, neither lounge is part of any airline, alliance, or PP, complimentary access for Amex Plat Cardmembers, you can also pre-book $40 or pay $45 at the door.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Update- SMF Lounge in Terminal A is open, and B will be open shortly.

Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:56 am

Escape Lounge opened at Terminal B on Tuesday, July 9. District 1 Supervisor Phil Sedna posted about the opening on Facebook.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Escape Lounge opened at Terminal B on Tuesday, July 9. District 1 Supervisor Phil Sedna posted about the opening on Facebook.
So they are open? Their website doesn't say anything of the sort. It doesn't even say the Terminal A one is open.
But it is definitely past spring 2019. I'll check it out when I fly from there this week.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
So they are open? Their website doesn't say anything of the sort. It doesn't even say the Terminal A one is open.
But it is definitely past spring 2019. I'll check it out when I fly from there this week.
The site is out of date, apparently, given the lounge celebrated its grand opening yesterday. And you can already book either SMF lounge on Escape’s site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.