Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Palm Springs - The Horizon, anyone know what the heck is going on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I understand the property has been sold and is slated to reopen sometime this fall? I've literally called and left a dozen messages, I've emailed countless times, I've yet to receive a single response from management, new or old. I was hoping to spend a week in Palm Springs over Xmas but it doesn't look like that's happening at this rate. What's the future of the Horizon? Does anyone know what's going on? I'd greatly appreciate any info at all. I'm hoping beyond all else that the building and landscape are preserved and that it's not 'at risk'. Any info is appreciated! Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Nobody has a clue?

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that this doesn't get turned into another "retro" kitschy resort or gay holiday party destination like 90% of Palm Springs hotels. Hopefully they thoughtfully adhere to the original design aesthetics. I'm just frustrated that they have an answering machine that accepts voicemails and gives the impression that someone will return messages, yet that's obviously not happening.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:55 am

Going "full-service".

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...urant/9658245/

This part would worry me a bit:

"Financially, the hotel has had problems over the years," Sherman told the Palm Springs Architectural Advisory Committee on Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.