Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tip: Lufthansa €99 Deals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Tip: Lufthansa €99 Deals

It may surprise many on here to know that often Lufthansa can work out the same or even slightly cheaper than many budget carriers. For example I recently got a €99 return ticket from Frankfurt to Edinburgh, the only extra was a few €'s booking fee via Expedia. This often works out cheaper than their own Germanwings. You need to book well in advance (4-8 weeks) but the plus side is there are no nasty surprises like with some of the other budget airlines.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:36 am

Nothing new here. Sometime ago it used to be possible to book these on the LH USA site for 119$ and that´s even less than the 99€. Then there was the possibility to book these on www.lufthansa.ie without TSC, so for 89€.

And these used to be quite refundable as only the base fare was not refundable. Then LH started to lower the YQ fuel surcharge on these and increased the base fare from a few euros to 30 or so. Then they also started charging a refund fee of 30 or so euros. So, these aren´t as good as they used to be, but still a good deal.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:00 am

But from knowing LH, probably no or low miles earned.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Nothing new here. Sometime ago it used to be possible to book these on the LH USA site for 119$ and that´s even less than the 99€. Then there was the possibility to book these on www.lufthansa.ie without TSC, so for 89€.

And these used to be quite refundable as only the base fare was not refundable. Then LH started to lower the YQ fuel surcharge on these and increased the base fare from a few euros to 30 or so. Then they also started charging a refund fee of 30 or so euros. So, these aren´t as good as they used to be, but still a good deal.
You are right it is not that new, but I was speaking to a few people recently who seemed genuinly surprised that there is/was such an offer.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:03 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
Originally Posted by Carolinian
But from knowing LH, probably no or low miles earned.
Mileage is 125 each way ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.