Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Tickets on the Express Rail Link: KL Sentral and the LCC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Free Tickets on the Express Rail Link: KL Sentral and the LCC

Got an email today offereing free tickets on new service being offered on the express rail link in Kuala Lumpur.

You take the train to Salak Tinggi from where there are shuttle buses to the LCCT. I registered and got my voucher for the free ticket straight away.

Note that you need to choose a date and the free tickets are only good from the city to the LCCT, not in reverse, and that it is for travel between Oct 1st and November 19.

http://www.kliaekspres.com/event/lcc...gistration.asp

Last edited by camsean; Sep 18, 2009 at 7:36 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Thank you very much!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 4:08 pm

I second that, thanks a lot camsean... that's perfect for an AirAsia stint I have planned for October.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 6:17 am
Original Poster

My pleasure! I was pleased to snag a ticket as well
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
The ‘KLIA Transit to LCCT’ service offers you the added convenience of a connecting shuttle transfer to and from the LCCT. Just relax as you enjoy a high-speed train ride to the Salak Tinggi station, where our air-conditioned shuttle fleet awaits to whisk you directly to LCCT. Passengers arriving at LCCT can also enjoy this service as the KLIA Transit train is now just a shuttle ride away. There will also be porter assistance at the Salak Tinggi station to help with your luggage transfer between train and shuttle.
Durn. Maybe someday they'll dig up the few extra yards and extend the train line itself. But by then they might have to rebuild or relocate the LCCT because that'll be bursting at the seams.

No doubt the KLIA Ekspres has been way underutilized because the LCCT is left out. Bus service is very competitive and goes as low as RM8, but I can see doing it this way instead during the day to avoid possible traffic on the downtown-KL side.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Arrow

Thank you from me also!

Booked my transfer back to the LCCT for my own Air Asia X stint.

Who else will be in Malaysia end of October thru early November? We should do a Do.

--Russ
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:51 am

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

Great service!

Brand new trains, brand new bus connection and normal price just a few RM more than the run down express buses that go to Central. Travel time is actually less than the express bus.

Would highly recommend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.