Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on good mode of transportation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Advice on good mode of transportation

My cousin is getting married next month and I have been given the responsibility to arrange accommodation and transportation for her in laws who are coming from New York city. I have booked the hotel rooms but I have no clue how I would transport them from San Francisco airport to their hotel. There are around 10 people coming and I have only one car. Kindly suggest what to do
Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
You could rent a 11 passenger van or larger, or use a shuttle service. Book a limo if you want to impress them.

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Are they all coming at the same time? Where is the hotel in SF?

BTW. BART is always an option if you want to go on the cheap. Since they're from NYC, chances are they are used to taking the subway. Although with luggage, I think you would probably want to do some sort of a shuttle/limo as was suggested above.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:42 am

cheap way would be to get a pal (or two) with a car and treat them to lunch/dinner + beers in return for a hr of help of lugging the ppl to the hotel, maybe 2 friends - 10 people = 2 suv/vans or 3 cars.

i don't think the inlaws would mind not having a limo - i mean its a trip from airport
the van idea is good to!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:24 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by simmonsbrine
There are around 10 people coming and I have only one car. Kindly suggest what to do
Welcome to FlyerTalk simmonsbrine !

Renting a van seems like the best solution if they all arrive on the same flight.

Now since you are charged with arranging transportation, you COULD stagger their flights, and have them arrive THREE at a time, which would enable you to drive them in your car @:-)

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.