Reload this Page >

AirAsia OZ Promo 1m seats @$0 plus taxes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirAsia OZ Promo 1m seats @$0 plus taxes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 6:22 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by theoflyalot
cheers to that. By some FFers logic, a completely free flight in business shouldn't show up on this board if it doesn't acrrue miles. If the purpose of MR's is to earn miles for free flights, I think it is refreshing to sometimes skip the step and move right to the free flights
I agree, then there needs to be a new uber thread that includes MR and budget flights b/c who has time for so many fourms/threads???

Why so picky with MR fourm? Wasn't the Hertz LHR deal in MR last year, as it should?

When did this "settled debate occur"?

Its this kind of rational-- irrationality that leads to so many fourms with no posting of importance like the hotel and rental car fourms....

Last edited by frank_10b; Aug 25, 2008 at 6:27 pm Reason: b..s...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:46 pm

Why not?

Why can't there be just a simple "HOT DEALS" forum for all the hot deals: MRs, budget fares, supposed premium fares, misc. Avis/Budget/Hertz deals etc...as proposed on the previous post, similar to fatwallet/slickdeals. It's not as if there other postings unrelated to travel accomodations on this site. There really is no reason to have so many posts peppered around the site. Hope this sparks some changes.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Black Adder
That's an awfully long flight in a seat with 29" seat pitch.
Don't forget either, it's 9 across on an AirAsia X's A330's.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by hiyo
I used a similar promo last year for ultra-cheap BKK-HAN and CNX-BKK tix, and can use this one for KUL-PEN and BKK-CNX next July.
It's possible this is limited to XXX-KUL or KUL-XXX.

I booked two tickets KUL-PEN for a total of MYR101(~US$30.00), but BKK-CNX and BKK-CEI did not pull the promo prices.

Anyone able to book a "zero fare" other than to/from KUL?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
their servers are a bit loaded but the fares are out there. Found some dates in May for HKG-KUL at $0++

Hiyo, BKK -> CGK r/t came right up for me, mid-week dates in may. Weekend dates are scarce.

3750 baht, or about $115 r/t... not so bad.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by civicmon
their servers are a bit loaded but the fares are out there. Found some dates in May for HKG-KUL at $0++

Hiyo, BKK -> CGK r/t came right up for me, mid-week dates in may. Weekend dates are scarce.

3750 baht, or about $115 r/t... not so bad.
Hey Mon,

You are correct, sir. I found BKK-CEI/CNX still pulling the promo fares on scattered dates in May, but nothing left for the range of dates I can use in July.

J-
Old Aug 27, 2008, 3:29 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Anyone know if Airasia refunds fuel surcharge and taxes when one cancels a flight?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Why so picky with MR fourm? Wasn't the Hertz LHR deal in MR last year, as it should?
Hertz rentals earn miles (often quite a lot of miles) with many, many airlines.

Air Asia flights do not - apart from perhaps 1 mile per dollar/pound with your credit card. But nobody is posting great deals for buying groceries with your airline-mile earning credit card.

That said - its great to get a heads-up when these kind of deals come along, I will have to keep checking the budget travel forum.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:35 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Velocity Red
Just looking at some loads from Seat Selector on MEL-KUL and some flights are more than half full, and not everyone picks their seats

Looks like D7 have a big winner on their hands here...
Old Aug 31, 2008, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by zoonil
They could be used for 'positioning flights' to do a MR....

The same reason why Sprit Air and other smaller airliners deals show up on this thread.
Quite true. I didn't have Air Asia to do it on at the time, but once booked flights from SE Asia to PER to be able to do a UA award on NZ out to the South Pacific and back for 20K miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.